Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    What kind of gas should be used in 2004 MSX 150 turbo

    Just wondering what kind of gas is best to be used in this 2004 MSX 150 HO Turbo?


  2. #2
    boomanch1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    205
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
    Just wondering what kind of gas is best to be used in this 2004 MSX 150 HO Turbo?
    93 pump gas is fine....

  3. #3
    slothman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    731
    +1
    30
    don't use anything under 91 octane...you might cause detonation and blow the engine!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    don't use anything under 91 octane...you might cause detonation and blow the engine!
    I think SHOULD is a big word here...I SHOULD use 93, but I don't. My ski is on year number 7 with nothing but marine 87 (that is all the two coves near me sell) with zero issues. Runs 63 on glass and runs like the day it was new.

    I am almost afraid to run premium in in now!

  5. #5
    slothman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    731
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by illin View Post
    I think SHOULD is a big word here...I SHOULD use 93, but I don't. My ski is on year number 7 with nothing but marine 87 (that is all the two coves near me sell) with zero issues. Runs 63 on glass and runs like the day it was new.

    I am almost afraid to run premium in in now!
    consider yourself lucky up to this point. Eventually you will have detonation with that octane, and you WILL blow the motor.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    consider yourself lucky up to this point. Eventually you will have detonation with that octane, and you WILL blow the motor.
    Lucky would be after running one tank. 50+ tanks makes me think the knock sensor and timing reduction via the ECU is doing exactly what it is supposed to. Zero issues...zero pinging on hard acceleration.

    Filling up jerry cans and hauling gas to the ski is a pain and my ski only comes off the lake once a year for winter storage. I would rather run marine 87 pure gas than 10% cut gas/ethanol.

    This is not to get off cheap as the gas on the lake is higher than 93 at the pump. Convenience...yeah.

  7. #7
    slothman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    731
    +1
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by illin View Post
    Zero issues...zero pinging on hard acceleration.
    unless you're just not hearing the detonation

    Still, relying on the ECU to retard the timing is not smart. Is it REALLY worth risking the engine ???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 08:06 PM
  2. Water in the motor. What kind of damage should i expect and how to remove the water.
    By Gunmetal04 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 05:46 PM
  3. what kind of oil should i use for a 1994 yamaha waverunner 3?
    By edizzle1998 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 07:43 PM
  4. What gas can be used in 06 rxp?
    By gdavis in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
  5. What kind of oil should I use on my 2000 SLX 1200?
    By bowsniper in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •