Oil tank update kit help

Hello, I just installed a oil tank update kit in my MSX150 and I am a little baffled. I'm not sure where the longest hose goes from the top of the small white tank at the back of the main tank goes. Where it looks like it is supposed to go I have a hose coming off that and goes onto the same side as the coolant resevoir to the intercooler outlet. Can anyone please shed some light on my problem? If anyone has some pictures of their's installed that would be great.

Thanks
    Jeff

+1

Where does the high pressure hose that was bolted to the top of the old tank go?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougied View Post
    Where does the high pressure hose that was bolted to the top of the old tank go?
    That hose is no longer required. you will need a shorter banjo bolt.

+1
    I just removed the stock oil tank off my MSX150 this past weekend.

Are you talking about the long hose that goes all the way back across the top of the exhaust manifold and down into the airbox beside the turbo? That long hose connects to the top of the side white bottle where Slothman's 2nd pic says "Fit a breather here (don't fit the hose to the airbox)". Some folks like to remove that hose and just put a breather on the white side bottle as Slothman's pic suggests. Or you could put the original hose that goes back to the airbox there. Folks choose to remove that hose to prevent any oil/oil-vapors from getting sucked back into the turbo, through the intercooler, and into the engine. Which is what happens when you put too much oil into the oil tank... or after a rollover. (as I understand it).

Cheers!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    That hose is no longer required. you will need a shorter banjo bolt.
    So you remove that original oil line to the top of the oil tank... but leave the oil line to the turbo and use a shorter banjo bolt to refasten it to the block?
    Does this shorter banjo bolt come in the upgrade oil tank kit?

Cheers!

I just installed the upgraded oil tank kit on my MSX 150. I plan on installing a Breather on the white tank instead of the long hose to the air box. Do I also need to add a breather to the air box since that hose is now gone? Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsscraig View Post
    I just installed the upgraded oil tank kit on my MSX 150. I plan on installing a Breather on the white tank instead of the long hose to the air box. Do I also need to add a breather to the air box since that hose is now gone? Thanks.
    That spot where that breather hose connects is on the "clean" side of the airbox filter screen... but all air inside the hull is fairly clean anyways... so I'd just zip tie a piece of cloth or panty-hose over it just to be safe. No fancy air filter breather needed. Or just cap it off all together.

On another note. See my previous post before your last (#6)... did the oil tank upgrade kit come with a new banjo bolt to use on the turbo oil feed line?

Cheers!

ripcuda, I ordered my upgrade kit form EBL and yes it came with the shorter banjo bolt. Thanks for the info on the breather.

Thread Information