Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010 RXTX Nosecone

I installed a Solas prop with the supplied green nosecone on my machine last week. Took the ski out on the weekend and it suddenly lost some rpm's. Turns out my nosecone came loose and slid back.

I am wondering if runnin g without a nosecone on the S3 hull will work like it did on my RXP, or even the speedfreaks nosecone. Or even a trick to make the green one stay on.

Any advise would be great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stickshift69 View Post
    I installed a Solas prop with the supplied green nosecone on my machine last week. Took the ski out on the weekend and it suddenly lost some rpm's. Turns out my nosecone came loose and slid back.

I am wondering if runnin g without a nosecone on the S3 hull will work like it did on my RXP, or even the speedfreaks nosecone. Or even a trick to make the green one stay on.

Any advise would be great.
    get the speedfreeks cone and install with red loc tite....

+1
    I can't keep the POS green Solas nose cone on either, even with Red Loctite!

Here is a picture of SF nose cone, it is TOO SHORT, due to the taper of the NEW drive shaft we have on the 2010+ S3 models. Look at the picture closely...........

I'm just going to run without one.

I've asked Erik at SF's to make one longer, maybe if others tell him the same thing he'll put some time into it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nose cone.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	248334

So that means either no cone or the green one for now. Has anyone tried running with no cone?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I can't keep the POS green Solas nose cone on either, even with Red Loctite!

Here is a picture of SF nose cone, it is TOO SHORT, due to the taper of the NEW drive shaft we have on the 2010+ S3 models. Look at the picture closely...........

I'm just going to run without one.

I've asked Erik at SF's to make one longer, maybe if others tell him the same thing he'll put some time into it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nose cone.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	248334
    what is that black around your driveshaft?

if you guys take the orings out of the solas cones they should say on with the red loc tite

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    what is that black around your driveshaft?

if you guys take the orings out of the solas cones they should say on with the red loc tite
    The black piece is hard plastic material that covers most of the shaft - new with 2010 ski's.

I've tried Solas with o-ring, without o-ring, Blue / Red Loctite, and stock nose cone, it doesn't matter.

You are correct that the SF nose cone with Red Loctite does WORK great. The one in the picture is my brother in laws, from his 08 T-X, I was using for testing. I should have never given it back to him...............

+1
    I've had the SOLAS cone on for about three weeks now with no issues. I used blue loctite(242) tightened and let sit for a day(<<<<that is the key)
    Seems running without one would be the next alternative.

@ meeper - the black coating seems more like a rubber to me.

Here is a pic to show the gap. This what JPT means by "not" long enough - his does not cover the shaft.

Well I installed it with the o-ring and a crap load of red loctite, hop she holds. And it will not be sitting for 24hrs to dry, put it to the test.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    The black piece is hard plastic material that covers most of the shaft - new with 2010 ski's.

I've tried Solas with o-ring, without o-ring, Blue / Red Loctite, and stock nose cone, it doesn't matter.

You are correct that the SF nose cone with Red Loctite does WORK great. The one in the picture is my brother in laws, from his 08 T-X, I was using for testing. I should have never given it back to him...............
    ..........I offered to swap impellers but NNNNnnnOOOOoooooo! And what happened at Ouachita?

+1
    Loctite is designed to cure for 24 hrs. The "red" needs heat(500degrees) to remove but if it isn't cured, well....good luck

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information