Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Pump shoe needed A.S.A.P. !!!!!!

Does anyone have a new pump shoe, or know anyone, or any dealer, that might have a new one that will fit my 04' RXP?

Part # is now 271001546

was # 271001546 either one will do.

They are on back order till most likely the end of the month. I need one asap ,so I can be ready for the summer ski fest aug 26-28th.

I've already called Riva, PPG, a few local dealers, and a few west coast dealers.

Let me know what u have,or some place that might have one.

Thanks, Jason

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Do they stock it?

What happened piece break off and go through pump?

If so, mine did that, I bought the pump shoe saver from speedfreaks (Lol a lil late ) and fitted it, then I filled the void of the 2" piece that broke off with urethane (I sanded the inside area first and cleaned for better adhesion, then with a spreader I sculpted the urethane to the shape pf the pump shue let harden, then installed the saver and it worked good as new. The urethane is NOT going anywhere and it made the shoe stronger even by filling in the void underneath (You can see it's just empty space with the intake grate removed for water to get in and bow the shoe up stressing it til it eventually breaks).

But you may have a different issue, just though I'd share my experience hope it helps

In short though, I'll still probably replace the shoe if I find one for a steal it's just a bunch of work with it functioning perfectly right now especially for over $150

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    What happened piece break off and go through pump?

If so, mine did that, I bought the pump shoe saver from speedfreaks (Lol a lil late ) and fitted it, then I filled the void of the 2" piece that broke off with urethane (I sanded the inside area first and cleaned for better adhesion, then with a spreader I sculpted the urethane to the shape pf the pump shue let harden, then installed the saver and it worked good as new. The urethane is NOT going anywhere and it made the shoe stronger even by filling in the void underneath (You can see it's just empty space with the intake grate removed for water to get in and bow the shoe up stressing it til it eventually breaks).

But you may have a different issue, just though I'd share my experience hope it helps

In short though, I'll still probably replace the shoe if I find one for a steal it's just a bunch of work with it functioning perfectly right now especially for over $150
    yes, a piece broke off, and went thru the prop. I may have to do something like that for a temp. fix, cause they are on back order from the factory, with no actual availability date . Not something I should do at speeds over 85mph tho...

+1
    I have a new X shoe, Bigdaddy can tell you what needs to be done to get it to fit properly. If you run out of options, let me know.

Well I will say, even if the urethane would break it's bond from the plastic (we are talking winshield urethane rated at over 150mph (air not water but still) it fills a void larger then the piece that broke off underneath, so it can't pull out think of it like expand-a-foam. The large void underneath is filled with it, there is only a small window up top where it fills the surface piece that broke off. Worked like a charm, did you have the pump shoe saver before? It prevents this from happening by holding down the bridge and not allowing water to bow it up. A worth investment none-the-less and one more to toss away the receipt for so I forget how much money I've thrown into this toy that eats $50 in gas a day of using it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    I have a new X shoe, Bigdaddy can tell you what needs to be done to get it to fit properly. If you run out of options, let me know.
    Thanks, I'll let ya know, but trying for a P shoe first

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    Well I will say, even if the urethane would break it's bond from the plastic (we are talking winshield urethane rated at over 150mph (air not water but still) it fills a void larger then the piece that broke off underneath, so it can't pull out think of it like expand-a-foam. The large void underneath is filled with it, there is only a small window up top where it fills the surface piece that broke off. Worked like a charm, did you have the pump shoe saver before? It prevents this from happening by holding down the bridge and not allowing water to bow it up. A worth investment none-the-less and one more to toss away the receipt for so I forget how much money I've thrown into this toy that eats $50 in gas a day of using it!
    No, but I already ordered the pump shoe saver from speedfreaks for the new one.

+1
    Thanks guys!!, I found a new one. It's on it's way

I believe Vern is also looking for one, same year, and all if any more are out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information