NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1

STX15f stalls coming off throttle and won't idle warm

My buddy has an STX15f that stalls when he backs off teh throttle. Starts up fine but won't hold idle once warmed up. Doesn't have much top end either. What could this be?

The ISC (idle speed control) valve assembly is shot. It has a stepper motor inside the assembly and corrosion probabaly has occurred inside disabling the stepper motor. Then engine is not getting enough air and it can't idle (since no air) and it just dies when throttle is closed.

+1
    I do not have near the knowledge of meangreen but I would like to suggest as it has worked for me on my LX a few times disconnect the battery for a while then reconnect it. That will "reset" the ECU. Myself along with quite a few others had this problem in the past. I bought the TPS and several other things mentioned. Needless to say all the things I bought are still sitting on the shelf in the shop. I was doing some work and I disconnect the battery for most of the things I do that involve anything electrical or when I have to disconnect a plug. Just my little OCD habit. Wenn needless to say after I did that and went start the ski it ran fine. It happened one other time since and I did the same thing and it worked. I am not saying this will work or if it is a real solution but it is cheap, easy, and it has worked on my LX 2 times. There was one other issue I had that caused a similar problem and it was an exhaust leak in the hose between the exhaust manifold and the waterbox. Would not do it at first because still enough fresh air in the compartment. Once it saturated it, warmed up, I would have this problem. Just another thing to check. Other than my little ideas listen to the man above me.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    OK thanks we'll look it over

+1
    There might be a SLIGHT chance I have a IAC from my old 07 250x. Find out if there the same and you can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    There might be a SLIGHT chance I have a IAC from my old 07 250x. Find out if there the same and you can have it.
    They use the same P/N 211743706 ISC (not IAC). It's very nice of you to offer it.

Thread Information