Ride Report - 2 Adults on the VXS

Yesterday was my first ride with "two" people on my VXS and I am very pleased to report how well the boat did. Conditions were light overall general river chop (some mixed boat wakes / some wind) so granted this was not Victory at Sea conditions. The engine had no trouble at all with the extra person. The boat still stayed pretty level throughout the ride (about 75 miles total). I did not feel that a Trim system was absolutley necessary although if I had one I may have used it. Too, I did put 3 people on the Ski later in the day (3 grown aldults) and honestly felt that was a bit too much for the Ski. Well, I have been curiuos how the ski with do with 2 people on it for some time. And I am happy with the results! John.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Yesterday was my first ride with "two" people on my VXS and I am very pleased to report how well the boat did. Conditions were light overall general river chop (some mixed boat wakes / some wind) so granted this was not Victory at Sea conditions. The engine had no trouble at all with the extra person. The boat still stayed pretty level throughout the ride (about 75 miles total). I did not feel that a Trim system was absolutley necessary although if I had one I may have used it. Too, I did put 3 people on the Ski later in the day (3 grown aldults) and honestly felt that was a bit too much for the Ski. Well, I have been curiuos how the ski with do with 2 people on it for some time. And I am happy with the results! John.
    Thanks John for ur report.....I figured 3 would be pushing it. I would think the FX HO would be more appropriate for 3 up touring & towing tubes / wake boards.

+1
    I classify the VXR/S as a 2 person boat personally... even if its a 3

But ya with me and my brother -- 530lbs ... mine has no issues, even when reboarding.

In Dogs We Trust All Others Get Searched
    From East Texas-transplanted in Shreveport,Bossier City
    John,
    Do you feel the VXS seat was more condusive for the 2nd person. Sitting level with the driver as opposed to sitting on the hump?

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
    John,
    Do you feel the VXS seat was more condusive for the 2nd person. Sitting level with the driver as opposed to sitting on the hump?
    Yes. for two on the boat I think VXS seat is better. For more aggresive 1 person riding I think VXR seat is better. The best solution may be to have both a VXR and a VXS seat . . . I think they will both fit either boat. I will check that out. JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Yes. for two on the boat I think VXS seat is better. For more aggresive 1 person riding I think VXR seat is better. The best solution may be to have both a VXR and a VXS seat . . . I think they will both fit either boat. I will check that out. JB
    i'd like to pick up a VXR seat for my VXS for the same reason, to have both for what ever the riding conditions call for

If you are using that hump in the seat to hold you on during aggressive riding, you're doing it wrong.

Apparently, for smaller riders, the hump seat is more comfortable. I personally find it keeps you to far forward to really have good control over the ski, but I am 6'0". Maybe if I was shorter I could use the VXR seat, but even then I find that I am moving around quite a bit when running these hard.

To people who prefer the VXR seat, do you guys sit in one spot, ie in front of the hump, when you are running hard?

I find myself standing up and constantly moving to keep control at 70mph in waves, taking hard tuens, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by dukenyc View Post
    If you are using that hump in the seat to hold you on during aggressive riding, you're doing it wrong.

Apparently, for smaller riders, the hump seat is more comfortable. I personally find it keeps you to far forward to really have good control over the ski, but I am 6'0". Maybe if I was shorter I could use the VXR seat, but even then I find that I am moving around quite a bit when running these hard.

To people who prefer the VXR seat, do you guys sit in one spot, ie in front of the hump, when you are running hard?

I find myself standing up and constantly moving to keep control at 70mph in waves, taking hard tuens, etc...
    I am 5'10" & my wife is 5'8" & the hump is perfect distance for us when riding together or alone. The bulge behind the hump actually is nice for the person in the back. It's comfortable & gives your legs something to brace against when riding hard. And you are not stuck looking at the back of the drivers head. When I am by my self I stand half the time & sit against the hump the rest of the time. It gives a little support. Is was lucky to get to try both seats out after purchase of my ski. I guess the VXR & VXS seat debate really depends on operator size?

My .02.
    The stitching on the Vxr seat sucks. It rubs the inner calfs in rough riding.
    Too much saki when designing the seat.
    ;-P

It must be an operator size thing. My girlfriend is 5'7", 122 lb and she likes the VXR seat whenriding solo. She tends to sit more when riding than I do.

I find the hump prevents me from sliding forward and back when really trying to hook up for turns in the rough. Haven't experienced the issue with the stitching yet, but I haven't done any cruising on the VXR, only the VXS.

I think the VXR seat is the better looking of the two.

Thread Information