Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1995 Sl750

+1

1995 Sl750

alright tomorrow im gunna pull my ski outta storage and attempt to put all the new stuff that i got for it.....

here is a question that i thought about, i narrowed it down the tdr waterbox is a power spray style since it has the water injection, now is there anyway lets say hypathetically increase the water pressure if i tee into one of the cooling lines?
    either way i think i am going to add a valve to decrease the amount of water going to it, just as a easier way to tune it.

secondly, on the wedge i was told i need to get longer bolts, can i just go down to a hardware store to find longer ones?

thirdly, with the vortex flame arrestors and the water box im guessing im going to have to mess around with the carb settings and changing the jets in that...in which i know nothing about especially the "jets" part...

and i traded with xlint for his r&d aquavein intake, what would i expect with that...i was researching it on the internet and it said it will keep the pump loaded...im guessing it's better for choppier waters?

it's a 95 sl 750 "all stock " for now

Hm.. with those mods I personally don't see you "having" to mess with your carbs. They might benefit from a little rich'ning but I'll let other's more experienced than I chime in. These are not extreme mods though, although you will be getting a good bit more air into the mixture by removing the very restrictive 750 stock intake box. Thus, richening up the fuel mixture by turning your carb adjustment screws out is what I see benefiting your setup. I'll not go into how to do so, as I do not want to tell you something wrong. I can tell you that I played with my carbs alot when I was doing the pipe mod... you get the hang of it after a while.

Hey guys... would a sea doo RAVE waterbox valve work for his setup? I know mine has a regulator "RAVE" valve on the waterbox that automatically regulates the pipe's coolant for best bottom and top end... just a thought.. isn't it a yami box.. from zigler?

Good luck!
    Last edited by jcc011185; 12-19-2006 at 01:14 AM.

+1
    that's a yammy waterbox....i was just reading on the tdr website and they said I may have to mess around jetting and i have no idea what that even is lol...
    another thing, jared did you notice anything boring the nozzle out..i dont think i really need it since i have the stock impeller still on, but it's worth a try i guess...im just trying to do some light mods something easy to moderate on skill level....

i will take some before and after pics...

+1
    I'd open all the high speed needles 1/2 turn and then perform a plug chop.
    So WOT, pull the lanyard and see what the plug looks like. Remember look down deep into the plug, near the bottom of the ceramic for you color read. Brownish to light tan is good.

+1
    you may need to lower your pop off.

i am not sure what yours is stock, but you may want to get it down near 20psi, so you don't have a lowend bog.

zig

Your pop off will be under 20 as set as factory! the earlier ones were higher! and addressing the pump bolts most hardware stores sell stainless all thread! cut it to length and your done! Z

+1
    thanks Z...

okay so i ran into my first problem..im removing my stock flame arrestor and there are three tubes going to the bottom of it...im guessing those are the oil lines...do i have to be running pre-mix in order to use the ocean pro vortex f/a's cuz i dont see a place for it!

unless you want to drill some holes for those oil lines then you just found the last straw! no go to premix my son!! lol someF\A bases don't have those tube adapters they are in the manifold that the carbs bolt to do you have the vacuum ports in your intake manifold? Z

+1
    i dont think so...i just see those tubes coming from the base of the stock f/a

+1

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information