almost there.....

ok i almost have my ski back together, but just a few more questions. i put on the oil block off kit that you guys told me about, but what do i do with the old oil sender? can i just cut the wires back by the cdi box, what has to be done so it doesnt think its out of oil? second question, there is a rail that runs over the domes, that has a brass fitting in it, can i pull that and hook a hose up to it so i can run it on land? third question, now that its premix, you guys said to run 40 to 1, but what is a good 2 stroke oil, all i know of is for dirt bikes and thats golden spectra? and do you guys think synthetic is better than regular? thanks guys

+1
    i wouldn't recomend cutting the wires on your sending unit.

i would put the float up in the full position, and put a zip tie around the shaft to keep it there. if you left the tank in, you can just put it back in teh tank. or, roll the wires up nice, and zip tie it up under the helm somewhere.

yes, you can install a flush adapter to the cooling rail on the heads. jsut don't run it too long, as it it designed really for running in your driveway for hours. it is for backflushing your cooling system.

it is important to remember to; 1st start your machine, then turn on the water. turn off the water, then shut down your machine. this is to prevent flooding your motor with water.

i run / prefer amsoil synthetics in all my skis, boats, 4-wheelers, ect.

zig

+1
    Here is an option for you for a Synthetic Oil.
    AMSOIL Interceptor Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/ait

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    i wouldn't recomend cutting the wires on your sending unit.

i would put the float up in the full position, and put a zip tie around the shaft to keep it there. if you left the tank in, you can just put it back in teh tank. or, roll the wires up nice, and zip tie it up under the helm somewhere.

yes, you can install a flush adapter to the cooling rail on the heads. jsut don't run it too long, as it it designed really for running in your driveway for hours. it is for backflushing your cooling system.

it is important to remember to; 1st start your machine, then turn on the water. turn off the water, then shut down your machine. this is to prevent flooding your motor with water.

i run / prefer amsoil synthetics in all my skis, boats, 4-wheelers, ect.

zig
    What zig said BUT I like to remove the tank, cut the wires and install a 33 ohm resistor. I hate the left over clutter left in the boat and every pound saved is a pound I can gain over the Holidays. LOL
    If you want to get creative and have the box apart, remove the wires from the board (fuel sender cabling) and install your resistor right there on the terminals (my preference). It's extremely clean and can be re-installed at a later date if so desired.

thanks zigler for the tip and the bendix (it worked great) i agree with you ph2ocraft, i like the clean look thats why i was wondering about just cutting the wires. 800amsoil4u, if i order that syn. oil it says for a 50:1 premix, a lot of the guys on here told me i should go with a 40:1 mix what should i go with? is that just for that particular oil or the same for all synthetic oils?

i forgot to ask zig, do you have a polaris mfd floatin around some where?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    i forgot to ask zig, do you have a polaris mfd floatin around some where?

sorry, i sent my last good MFD to al. i do get good ones from time to time.

you could run any quality oil at 50:1. a 40:1 mixture will help your rings seal a little better though.

zig

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    thanks zigler for the tip and the bendix (it worked great) i agree with you ph2ocraft, i like the clean look thats why i was wondering about just cutting the wires. 800amsoil4u, if i order that syn. oil it says for a 50:1 premix, a lot of the guys on here told me i should go with a 40:1 mix what should i go with? is that just for that particular oil or the same for all synthetic oils?
    They mean 50:1 and lower for premix. If you go with 40:1 you will be fine for sure. There are alot of guys running this oil at that mix with high performance engines that are no where close to stock. That would be for all synthetic oils. It will smoke more with the 40:1 than with the 50:1. Just do a plug check.

Thread Information