Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Bad Behaviors New Ride

so......... After much debate and anticipation, I opted for the Ultra 300x. heres my take on it. Took her out for the initial 10 minute spin under 2500 rpm. Couldnt stand it anymore after about 9 1/2. Hammered down to about 3/4 throttle. DAYUM. Everyone on here told me the acceleration would be similar to the SHO i had ridden earlier in the week. NOT. I felt like I should have NASA stamped on my azz cause I was sho nuff on a rocket ship! Played with the boat being careful to maintain alternate rpm ranges and avoiding any throttle past 3/4 as recommended by the manual. I have to say I am very impressed with the ski as is, however will be doing some speed/performance and audio mods in the near future. I will say that most info on here was dead on. I do not believe my ski will outperform the SHO top end. I cant try it because of the break in period but with the S curves of the narrow river I was riding on, the bigger boat pushes in the corners. I can make it roll thru them but not at 3/4 throttle. Gotta have all the gas to push the big girl thru!! All in all I am very pleased with the boat and if I decide i want to go faster, Ill just buy that ski when it comes around!!

Congratz on the new ski! And I think you will find the handling to be very tight actually. Give it a little time and I think you'll see what I mean. My old 2008 Ultra was a smooth flowing ride @ 50 MPH with the bars turned fully left or right. This 300x will punish me severly if I tried that by actually turning as I requested! They stick pretty damn well. And trim her nose-down and it's even better.

+1
    De-limit it!

Different boat.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Behavior View Post
    so......... After much debate and anticipation, I opted for the Ultra 300x. heres my take on it. Took her out for the initial 10 minute spin under 2500 rpm. Couldnt stand it anymore after about 9 1/2. Hammered down to about 3/4 throttle. DAYUM. Everyone on here told me the acceleration would be similar to the SHO i had ridden earlier in the week. NOT. I felt like I should have NASA stamped on my azz cause I was sho nuff on a rocket ship! Played with the boat being careful to maintain alternate rpm ranges and avoiding any throttle past 3/4 as recommended by the manual. I have to say I am very impressed with the ski as is, however will be doing some speed/performance and audio mods in the near future. I will say that most info on here was dead on. I do not believe my ski will outperform the SHO top end. I cant try it because of the break in period but with the S curves of the narrow river I was riding on, the bigger boat pushes in the corners. I can make it roll thru them but not at 3/4 throttle. Gotta have all the gas to push the big girl thru!! All in all I am very pleased with the boat and if I decide i want to go faster, Ill just buy that ski when it comes around!!
    +10 Delimit it and then it comes alive

as far as speed goes , I am happy with my 74.7 + on 3/4 of a tank of fuel sitting on the seat.!!!!!!!!!!

considering my top speed and money invested , a SHO has its work cut out just trying to catch me cause i dont ride on glass water , not quiet that stupid

it WILL out perform a SHO,
    i have a ridding buddy that is now considering selling his SHO since riding MY ski

Waz

ps dont think the fun limit is reach yet, even with hrs the ski loosen up

A stock 67-68 mph sho will not touch a " modualized " 300 at ~ 71-72. I raced a brand new sho with my wifes FZS and beat it without a problem.

Delimit it with Module or Washers from lowes??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    A stock 67-68 mph sho will not touch a " modualized " 300 at ~ 71-72. I raced a brand new sho with my wifes FZS and beat it without a problem.
    better to say a STOCK sho wont touch a STOCK 300x

apple for apples

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    ...I raced a brand new sho with my wifes FZS...
    How do you get to race wife's FZS and keep AK?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Behavior View Post
    Delimit it with Module or Washers from lowes??
    washers do work , just not 100 % reliable

u will end up wanting a module for consistant speeds

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    How do you get to race wife's FZS and keep AK?
    i'm allowed to look at the menu, I just can't order anything !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information