Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Got smoked

Got smoked

The other day I posted up a kill as well as a warning.

Well....today I went out and saw my first FZR.....got smoked from a rollin start as well as a standing start.

Also met another GH'r. Philip Clemmons...the "lightly" modded FZR driver.

Maybe I'll see another one someday. Hopefully with different results.

its the rxt hull. i have a stock rxp and smoke stock fzr/fzs all day unless its in the chop then they get the advantage

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    The other day I posted up a kill as well as a warning.

Well....today I went out and saw my first FZR.....got smoked from a rollin start as well as a standing start.

Also met another GH'r. Philip Clemmons...the "lightly" modded FZR driver.

Maybe I'll see another one someday. Hopefully with different results.
    Don't feel to bad about being beat by phillip"s ski. That "lightly modded" ski has an R3 reflash and C-3 wheel and most likely aftermarket skat prop. Not sure what else he has as far as ride plate and Inter-cooler. But, even assuming everything else is stock. It is easily a high 70's ski and around 300HP. Maybe he considers it lightly modified because it only takes about 4 hours to install the parts to make a monster.

On a side note. It surprises me he beat you on holeshot. I have so much power and a crap yamaha pump. Everyone beats me on holeshot. Even kayaks. Once on plane I catch up really quick.

BBB69

No offense here...but I smoke stock rxp's too. Modded rxp's in the rough as well.

Are you saying the FZR hull is better in the rough than the pre'10 RXT's...discounting mods, since they are runnin similar hp numbers?

KamikazeGPR,

he didn't beat me by much on the launch....a boat or so but when we both got on plane he had another 3-4 boats quick...and it was gonna take me forever...if ever to catch him...I woulda needed some monster bad water to do it...not comfortably so at any rate.

+1
    KamikazeGPR,

he didn't beat me by much on the launch....a boat or so but when we both got on plane he had another 3-4 boats quick...and it was gonna take me forever...if ever to catch him...I woulda needed some monster bad water to do it...not comfortably so at any rate.
    The Fz's are good on any water that is level no matter whether it is glass, 4" ripple or 1ft/light chop. But it has to be consistent. Once the water pattern starts changing or becoming inconsistent. The ski starts to hop and come unhooked. It's like hitting speed bumps and potholes in a corvette at 150mph.

So a 2pm start on a saturday after the tourists roil things up and I may stand a chance?

+1
    So a 2pm start on a saturday after the tourists roil things up and I may stand a chance?
    Yeah, either that or go to an area with wake boarders or tubers. The area i prefer to do my speed runs is also a popular boarder/tuber area. I have to wait til people fall off the tube/wakeboard and hope the water smooths out before they get back going to sneak runs in.

Boaters hate jetski's, Jetskiers hate tubers/wakeboarders, and everyone hates sailboats.

+1 lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Yeah, either that or go to an area with wake boarders or tubers. The area i prefer to do my speed runs is also a popular boarder/tuber area. I have to wait til people fall off the tube/wakeboard and hope the water smooths out before they get back going to sneak runs in.

Boaters hate jetski's, Jetskiers hate tubers/wakeboarders, and everyone hates sailboats.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information