Wheres all the oil coming from? HELP PLEASE!

I recently acquired an SL 650 that had sit for two years. I cleaned out the entire fuel system and got it running really good, but on the trailer when running it pours oil out the back all around the pump area. Im new to jet skis and dont know much about them. Where is the oil coming from and what could be wrong or broke? Please give me a direction to start trying to find out whats wrong.Is there something near the pump area that holds oil {Gearbox -housing etc}?The oil looks like motor oil, but hard to tell as its getting mixed with water.Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions...

You mind giving us pictures? I think that it's from something not being sealed properly look around the last cylinder for any signs of links. If not right beside the carburetor runs a fuel line. Check it out a bit.

-Carson

Quote Originally Posted by jdjd View Post
    I recently acquired an SL 650 that had sit for two years. I cleaned out the entire fuel system and got it running really good, but on the trailer when running it pours oil out the back all around the pump area. Im new to jet skis and dont know much about them. Where is the oil coming from and what could be wrong or broke? Please give me a direction to start trying to find out whats wrong.Is there something near the pump area that holds oil {Gearbox -housing etc}?The oil looks like motor oil, but hard to tell as its getting mixed with water.Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions...
    You probably don't have a problem. No there is no gearbox that holds oil in the pump area.
    The oil you see has probably collected in the muffler over a period of time since the ski has set for two years. I believe you will find that the remaining oil will be expelled after you run the engine for awhile.
    Also since this ski is new to you I suggest you check out K447 link. Lots of excellent info there along with other forum members who have lots of experience and knowledge with these ski's.

Thanks and good call on the oil. The waterbox was full of oil & Sludge.Thanks again... What do you mean about link: K447?

Quote Originally Posted by jdjd View Post
    Thanks and good call on the oil. The waterbox was full of oil & Sludge.Thanks again... What do you mean about link: K447?
    Welcome to the hulk. You will find some very knowlegeable people here on the Polaris Forum. Member "K447"
    being one of them. His signature link has a wealth of info especially for those of us that are in the learning stages. just use the search engine and search for K447. There you will find the links I was refering to.

Glad you were able to determine that the oil you observed was not going to be a problem.

Thread Information