Sunk my ship and need some help

I'm new to posting on the Hulk, but not new to the site. You guys have provided great info that has helped with many repair projects. This is the best site ever....blah, blah, blah, you've all heard it a thousand times. So let's get down to business. Here's the reader's digest version of what happened:

I had the 94 750SL out on the lake yesterday and let some friends ride it (yes, I know the dangers of letting others ride my ski and therefore I accept full responsibility for the consequences). Long story short, one of the guys (we will call him Travis) almost sunk the ski. The hull was about 3/4 full of water. Luckily we were close enough to get it over to the shore before it completely sank. Travis said it was running rough and sounded like the plugs were fouling prior to the engine stopping and almost sinking. We drained the hull and towed it back over to the trailer (without any more water getting into the hull).

Back at home, I tried to start it on the trailer and it sounded locked up and wouldn't crank. So before doing any further damage I pulled the sparkplugs and got the ultimate geyser of water/oil/fuel from all 3 cylinders when I attempted to start the engine. It was cranking fine so I was able to get most of the water out of the cylinders in that way. So, I guess where I need help is figuring how deep I need to tear down the engine before getting it lake-worthy again. Obviously I need to figure out how all the water got into the hull in the first place, but in the meantime I can at least get going on ordering more parts/gaskets and checking to see how much damage has been inflicted on the ski.

So I'm looking for suggestions on where to start and what to check for. I have a little bit of mechanical aptitude but I am not a mechanic, so please bear with me as this is also my first forray into the wonderful world of working on watercraft. So far the only modifications I have done to the ski are converting to premix and upgrading to the triple fuel pump/new fuel lines (thanks to Zig).

I have searched the threads for similar situations (on hydrolocks) but have not found one on where to start and what to check for initially. Any future posts will be shorter, I promise.

Tampa, FL
    The easiest method is get the water out and get the ski running asap, that way the heat will dry it out and oil will prevent it from rusting. You were on the right track there but just stopped short.
    What to do now is first check your crank index make it's not out of phase.

The proper way:

Poor man's way:

If crank index is good then check for sparks and try to start by putting some premix gas in spark plug holes. If all goes well then you're all set.
    If a tear down is needed, I would go at least getting the jugs off so most can be inspected and cleaned.

You'll need to get on it soon before the rust build up.
    Good luck!

Thread Information