Seadoo Filled up with water

Well i finally got my ski back together fired her up in the yard and she seemed like she ran great. Well in a hurry and being a dumbass and dropped it in the lake today and forgot the put the plugs in. I started cranking on it and it wouldnt start easily at all. Kept forcing the issue and probly shouldnt have. Before i knew it the ski seemed like it was sinking a bit. Popped the seat and it was full of water. What could i have ruined or what not by having this happen? Any help is appreciated. I did get it running in the water and tried to keep it running. Probly not a good thing. Let me know. thanks

I have been cranking it like crazy and getting a TON of water out. Finally when it seems that i got most of it out i go to crank it over with the plugs in and it like vapor locks. Take the plugs out and all the sudden i get a crap ton more water. But just before i put the plugs in it it was almost gone. I guess i just keep on plugging aways at it lol. Do i just keep going over and over until the water is out and if it fires im good? I read on seadoo source that you just keep going over that procedure until it fires up.

+1
    Yes you have to get that water out of there. If you don't after a few days it will be trashed and if it salt water and you leave it will be trash. If you got the ski running that good. If you rode it for a 1/2 hour or more I think it will be OK. I hope you dint break the rings when there was water in the motor. You call it vapor lock or some people call it hydro lock it can bend rods and break rings. It happen allot on 4 strokes if they ingest water and people crank on it. Maybe do a compression test if you think it is running weak. I have had water get in a old ski I had and it ran for ever so most likely you should be OK. I just look at your profile and if the motor a 951 seadoo motor you might have broken the reeds. This happen on stand up super jet allot from ingesting water. good luck.

+1
    Remove your exhaust manifold it woill hold alot of water just went through the same problem and change yuour oil 5 times if it's milky.

Ok guys i got it running. I finally got it started in my yard. It idled alright for a minute or so then started dropping in RPMS. It would idle by itself for a pretty good amount of time but it would slowly drop rpms to where id have to rev it back up again. Anything i should know, is this normal and should i not worry about it and just go run the piss out of it on the lake? thanks for all the help!

Well i got it on the lake for about 45 minutes today. Thats all the time i had. She ran good when i was in it. Still idled a bit rough and dropped in rpm but it seemed to get more and more snappy the more i rode it. Im gonna do the same tomorrow and get some more ride time on it. Thanks for all the help!

get that water out of the exhaust like RMK said

Well i took it out today and i put a new set of plugs in. It started right up but wouldnt idle and ran great when riding. Brought it back, parked it, an hour later went to go out and it wouldnt start. Just cranked and cranked. Pulled the plugs. Had a decent amount of oil on them. I sprayed them off with starting fluid, let them dry and put them back in. It started right up again. I had to repeat this process all day to ride. I think the plugs are getting fouled out? Is this a possibility?

+1
    the oil pump might need to be adjusted. But I don't want to be responsible for telling you how to adjust it.

Thread Information