MSX150 Not charging no fuses blown

I had my msx150 out today for a few hours and it ran great then the battery light started to flash so I made dash back to shore which was about 7kms. when i got home I did a battery voltage test and it was 11.2 which is low, I also checked the 30 amp fuse and it wasn't blown at all. I also removed the fuse and got the same voltage at one side as the battery and the other terminal was reading no power. Which leads me to think the voltage regulator or alternator is shot. I did this check with the engine running of course - I did have the motor out to replace the turbo so unless i forgot to hook something back up. Anyways if anybody has some leads on where to start that would be great

I had the same problem. Turns out it was the regulator. Pain in the ass to get to as it sits under the intercooler! When I changed my I relocated it by making a new bracket and mounting it to the hull. Good luck with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiepride View Post
    I had the same problem. Turns out it was the regulator. Pain in the ass to get to as it sits under the intercooler! When I changed my I relocated it by making a new bracket and mounting it to the hull. Good luck with it all.
    Even without blowing fuses your regulator was still bad

yes the fuses were not blowing at all in the end my battery was being over charged went through 2 batteries before i changed out the regulator.

Thanks for your help, I did solve the problem it seems that when I put the engine back in somehow I forgot to plug the regulator back in, all is good now

Thread Information