Crankcase ventilation problem 06 RXP

I bought a 05 motor to go in my 06 RXP .I changed the front vent on the 05 to the 06 rear vent and now the engine is not venting .There has got to be something different internal on the 05 and 06 venting system .I wanted to know if anyone has ever had the same problem and what's the fix .

+1
    The 06 block has a breather hole in the rear of the engine behind the bal shaft the 05/05 does not have this.
    you will either have to run the old engine breather or strip the engine again and drill the breather hole into the block!

Jase

Found the hole on the 06 behind the bal shaft gear . I decided for now to take the easy way and put the 05 front breather back on .I didn't have the wires on the 06 to connect to the valve so I removed the solenoid spring and blocked the valve open.Not sure if I will create another problem by doing this,but the engine is breathing now. Thanks race jase for the help.

can anyone post a pic of where the hole should be in the 06 block im doing the same thing but dont have the old 06 block to look at

I just went through the same problem and after installing the engine realized what would need to be done. To simplify the procedure, I drilled the hole through the hole in the balance shaft without disassembling the entire engine. Being very careful to recover all pieces of drilled material, I lined up the shaft to the area to be drilled, and drilled through. Because of the size difference, I drilled two holes side by side being very careful not to hit the oil passage to the bearings. This gave me an equal size venting passage to the one original hole. I managed to do this by only removing the mag cover and flywheel. Saved a lot of time. It is not recommended to block open the TOPS valve as this will defeat any tip over protection. Using the original 06 plus venting and drilling the holes is the way to go.

What is the problem if you do not drill this hole - what happens?

The blow by gases will collect on the balance shaft side of the block and will not vent. This will cause your dipstick to blow out and pump oil into your hull. This will also cause the oil level on the crankshaft side of the block to rise and contact the pistons which will cause your engine to burn oil and can lead to engine damage due to contact at higher Rpms. I tested the pressure at the dipstick and it will rise to above 30psi if your dipstick doesn't blow out. This can also blow seals. There is no place to equalize the gases on each side of the block and allow venting other than drilling this hole when using an older block with the newer venting system. Your ski will be undriveable without this being done. In short, you'll fill your hull with oil and will probably blow your engine.

Quote Originally Posted by bssg View Post
    The blow by gases will collect on the balance shaft side of the block and will not vent. This will cause your dipstick to blow out and pump oil into your hull. This will also cause the oil level on the crankshaft side of the block to rise and contact the pistons which will cause your engine to burn oil and can lead to engine damage due to contact at higher Rpms. I tested the pressure at the dipstick and it will rise to above 30psi if your dipstick doesn't blow out. This can also blow seals. There is no place to equalize the gases on each side of the block and allow venting other than drilling this hole when using an older block with the newer venting system. Your ski will be undriveable without this being done. In short, you'll fill your hull with oil and will probably blow your engine.
    5 minutes before you posted this reply, I was ripping my engine out of the ski. As I was studying the layout of the block, it all made sense that this modification was required. I was able to put the engine back in a few hours later after making this modification (I am getting really good at pulling engines and sure glad I bought a cherry picker 2 weeks ago). It of course is my luck, that you posted these posts 2 days AFTER I built and installed my engine. In fact, you posted this post: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174707 literally 5 minutes AFTER I installed the engine for the first time. However, I have to say, that I am glad you did, because this is a modification I was not aware of and would have been a bigger PITA to fix after this weekend when everything is buttoned up and hopefully running.

Thanks,
    Greg

guys add some pic plz

Thread Information