SLT 750 ocean pro F.A. install. To remove the choke or not.

Okay i picked up a new set for $58 delivered for my SLT 750 ocean pro F.A. install.Question is. To remove the choke or not. I know I need to put oil lines to it but was thinking of cutting off stock FA risers as spacers w oil lines in tact.I'll find and use the new jet size suggested. There is a how to somewhere on here. Ends up like an R&D brand FA" kinda Like a hi rise" I also Have access to mill to make it neat. Or will the choke removal give me much more of an increase, I was gonna pick up an extra stock FA , so I can put back to stock and keep OP FA as they will fit any 38mm mikuni carbs.

Found link
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...u-need-to-know

+1
    I would remove the choke plates and install oil lines in holes left by choke shaft, then install a primer kit using remaining holes. Thumb primer is best way to start and conserve battery. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like a plan.... maybe i can get another 20 rpms out of her. Funny this ski likes a lil throttle way better than any amount of choke. Suggested jets after OP FA is 102.5

+1
    You can go up to the recommended jet size or turn the highs out an extra 1/2 turn. I have the stock #90's in my '94 SLT750 and I've only turned out the highs. I'm using Ocean Pro Vortex F/A's with the choke plates removed and I have perfect piston wash with that setup. I do have #100's that I thought about installing, but I also have a PSI dry pipe I'm going to install at some point. I have a set of #120's that I'll need to install with that so I may just wait until then to mess with the carbs.

KJ

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    You can go up to the recommended jet size or turn the highs out an extra 1/2 turn. I have the stock #90's in my '94 SLT750 and I've only turned out the highs. I'm using Ocean Pro Vortex F/A's with the choke plates removed and I have perfect piston wash with that setup. I do have #100's that I thought about installing, but I also have a PSI dry pipe I'm going to install at some point. I have a set of #120's that I'll need to install with that so I may just wait until then to mess with the carbs.

KJ

KJ
    Did you have to pull the carbs to push in the barbs seems like there might be a work around . I have made some interesting tools

Thread Information