Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Riva Power Filter for 300

I know that little gain has been reported on 250/60 with the af air filters... how many have tried the Riva on the 300? Any gains? GL did you fit it?

2011 N/A champ 2011-2012 turbo champ elpeladodelsamba's Avatar
    +1
    all supercharged engines like more air

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by elpeladodelsamba View Post
    all supercharged engines like more air
    That's for sure- but can the Riva PF provide more air than the stock system is the question!

+1
    Yes I did and got a gain of over 100 RPMs on a rediculiously hot day, Plus sounds really cool. I was told it sounds like a jet running across the water. I like it and will continue to run it upon finishing all my testing. I have decided on a few of the mods for each water condition just waiting on parts to finish then put mine together as per my findings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Yes I did and got a gain of over 100 RPMs on a rediculiously hot day, Plus sounds really cool. I was told it sounds like a jet running across the water. I like it and will continue to run it upon finishing all my testing. I have decided on a few of the mods for each water condition just waiting on parts to finish then put mine together as per my findings.
    Thank you for your help again, my friend! I will order one up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    That's for sure- but can the Riva PF provide more air than the stock system is the question!
    i don`t think the riva guys are idiots!! silly question !

Quote Originally Posted by elpeladodelsamba View Post
    i don`t think the riva guys are idiots!! silly question !
    I don't know how silly a question it really is,,,, They may not be idiots, but they are in the business to make money on aftermarket parts, whether or not they add any actual performance or just more noise is debatable. My calculations tell me that you need to make right around 90 rpms / mph, so if the powershot gives an extra 100 rpms than you will gain 1mph, is 1mph worth 260.00 ??

+1
    first miles and rpms allways come cheap!! its the final ones that cost more. 1 mile for 260 is a bargain

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I don't know how silly a question it really is,,,, They may not be idiots, but they are in the business to make money on aftermarket parts, whether or not they add any actual performance or just more noise is debatable. My calculations tell me that you need to make right around 90 rpms / mph, so if the powershot gives an extra 100 rpms than you will gain 1mph, is 1mph worth 260.00 ??
    Quit looking at you own avator and read what he wrote silly power filter not powershot. With the price you listed I know you were talking about the right thing. Just giving you a hard time.
    I believe we all have to make that decision before we buy anything. Is that money spent worth it to me. Personally a stock ski with just the SCOM is all that most need or should get. How many of us spend a couple grand on wheels for our trucks and get absolutely no performance gain. What is a couple hundred so we can say mine is faster than yours. Isn't that why we are all on Greenhulk. I still have way less than some of my fellow local riders invested and can beat them and that is all that matters to me. I have a custom setup on my LX and it gave me aver 150 rpms higher. I have that ski without touching the engine running over 60 in this heat with a full tank. The more air getting sucked either into the engine or out the vent holes means more fresh ait getting brought in. The cool air flat filter also helped with quite a few rpms and a cooler engine comp. These skis are starving for air just need to feed them.
    ***** Take precautions though if riding rough water to avoid injesting water if you have cut or removed the front vent hoses. *******

+1
    Yeah... I don't think the guys at Riva are idiots either; but some of the stuff they make works really good and some not so good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information