Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: turbo fzr

  1. #1
    IamUr Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    173

    turbo fzr

    so i was getting ready to order my r3 reflash and the et 18lb boost but i have a friend that has the r3 with the 15.5lb boost,and i see he keeps having probs with his supercharger so me and him r thinking on going turbo with the jetskis, i would like to know if ppl here have it what r the pros and cons and speed results pls help


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    I'm running the H20xtreme turbo kit on my FZR. At 17 psi boost the ski will run 88 mph
    My plans are to increase boost to 22 psi and expect speeds in the low 90's

    This is a completely water jacketed turbo system and you can actually hold your hand on it after running hard. No heat whatsoever. The only con to a turbo kit that I can think of is cost, but after a few failed supercharger clutch failures and the aggravation of fishing out gear teeth in your oil pan the turbo kit more than pays for itself.

  3. #3
    97modman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by IamUr Daddy View Post
    so i was getting ready to order my r3 reflash and the et 18lb boost but i have a friend that has the r3 with the 15.5lb boost,and i see he keeps having probs with his supercharger so me and him r thinking on going turbo with the jetskis, i would like to know if ppl here have it what r the pros and cons and speed results pls help
    My turbo install will be completed this weekend from H20 in Miami, i am excited and cant wait to go for a ride.. We are going to try different tests with it, how the stock ecu performs and then the R3 upgrade.. I am learning as i go i will report as i go..

  4. #4
    RichieFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,093
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I'm running the H20xtreme turbo kit on my FZR. At 17 psi boost the ski will run 88 mph
    My plans are to increase boost to 22 psi and expect speeds in the low 90's

    This is a completely water jacketed turbo system and you can actually hold your hand on it after running hard. No heat whatsoever. The only con to a turbo kit that I can think of is cost, but after a few failed supercharger clutch failures and the aggravation of fishing out gear teeth in your oil pan the turbo kit more than pays for itself.
    Great Kits! They come with everything to get you on the water , all you need is a reflash or aftermarket ecu.

    Cant wait to get mine up and running!

  5. #5
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    I think I know your friend

  6. #6
    97modman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    I think I know your friend
    Me or someone else? I believe we met at H20?

  7. #7
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,143
    +1
    255
    what will be the total cost to have the ski running turbo FX SHO, if any body already knows, i know different turbos have different prices, just looking for the aprx price

  8. #8
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by 97modman View Post
    My turbo install will be completed this weekend from H20 in Miami, i am excited and cant wait to go for a ride.. We are going to try different tests with it, how the stock ecu performs and then the R3 upgrade.. I am learning as i go i will report as i go..
    Like to come take a look at the turbo set up sometime. Keep us posted on your progress.

  9. #9
    IamUr Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I'm running the H20xtreme turbo kit on my FZR. At 17 psi boost the ski will run 88 mph
    My plans are to increase boost to 22 psi and expect speeds in the low 90's

    This is a completely water jacketed turbo system and you can actually hold your hand on it after running hard. No heat whatsoever. The only con to a turbo kit that I can think of is cost, but after a few failed supercharger clutch failures and the aggravation of fishing out gear teeth in your oil pan the turbo kit more than pays for itself.

    which 1 r u running the precision or the garret?

  10. #10
    IamUr Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    what will be the total cost to have the ski running turbo FX SHO, if any body already knows, i know different turbos have different prices, just looking for the aprx price
    i called world wide racing in opa locka and they quoted me for the precision 5857 turbo $550

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Green Hulk's Turbo FZR build up thread
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha Projects & Build Threads
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 10:49 PM
  2. Green Hulk's Turbo FZR build up thread
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM
  3. Gpsho reflashed,stock wheel vs turbo fzr
    By GPR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 04:14 AM
  4. Kings cup testing Rius turbo FZR
    By josh217 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 12:31 PM
  5. Rius turbo FZR!!
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •