Realistic speed for stage 1, R1

My 09 FZR has stage 1 mods with the r&d intake, stock vx plate and anti-cavitation cone. Last month I had the r1 reflash done and with the solas repitched to 14/20 I ran 71.6 at 7750. I put the stock prop on and it ran the same speed at 7950. I sent the prop to impros and the pitched the solas to 13/19 and the rpms are 7980 and top speed of 72.1 with acceleration being a little slower. Acceleration seemed better with the stock prop.

I checked the oil level and it is at the full mark. The temp was around 75 yesterday. The hoses for the intake are all nice and tight. I was hoping for 74 or 75 and would like to know if this is where I should be or is 72 good. If there are any suggestions I would like to hear them, if not I will leave things they way are.

Thanks,

Lou

+1
    Your RPMs need to come up. You want to be running at ~8400 with the R1, not 7950. You are probably loosing 3mph right there. To put it in perspective, I ran 74.9 with the mods in my sig and consistent 72 in the dead of summer all day. IMO you should be around 75 with the proper pump/prop setup. It looks like the solas isn't cutting it. I would repitch the stock prop for the R1 to turn 8400.

+1
    C3 wheel with your 13/19 & R1 will put you mid to upper 70's.

I have some more questions. What should the stock prop be repitched to? The solas was supposed to get me to 8300. I know its summer so maybe when the cooler weather comes it will go up. Should I remove the anti-cavitation cone? Right now I am at my limit to what I want to spend on parts.

Lou

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post
    I have some more questions. What should the stock prop be repitched to? The solas was supposed to get me to 8300. I know its summer so maybe when the cooler weather comes it will go up. Should I remove the anti-cavitation cone? Right now I am at my limit to what I want to spend on parts.

Lou
    PM Jim about the stock prop. If I had to guess, a 16/19 on the stocker. You could do the repitch yourself pretty cheap or have one of many forum members do it for you.

+1
    I would say the first thing you need to do is replace the Intercooler. I also did that after the R&D reprogram. Picked up several hundred rpm and 3+ MPH. The stock IC is VERY restrictive. I was running almost the same numbers as you and after putting in the Riva IC, it helped a lot!

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sdman View Post

Lou

Tommy Jordan does a good job on them.....he's a Household name around here

Thanks for replies.I think the best thing for me to do is put the stock prop back on and let it be. Maybe next year I will figure out how to pitch my own prop or give tommy a call.

Thread Information