Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy Water spots.....

When I bought my FZS, I recall blithely thinking how cool it would look in its black metalflake paint job. What I failed to remember at the time is how tough it is to keep a black vehicle (ANY black vehicle) clean. You'd think I'd have remembered, since my family owned a black over red Sea Ray when I was a a kid, and it was a b***h to keep looking decent.

Blame temporary insanity, or a senior moment when I bought the FZS, but whatever the case, my ski looks like crap most of the time due to water spots. I'm talking fresh water - clean and clear water, but HARD!

Anybody have any suggestions for taking that stuff off? I've tried marine "cleaner wax", but it only made a slight improvement. Someone suggested diluted vinegar, which I haven't tried yet, but I wondered if anyone had actually used any product or technique that gave good results.

TIA for any suggestions!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I dilute CLR in a little bucket and use a microfiber towel to wash it down with the solution. Then repeat with regular old car wash soap. Dry with an absorber after. Works good for me.

Windex works for me, been using it for years. Never tried it on black, buy it does work pretty good on blue. I always wax afterwards using Collinite 845 insulator wax.

+1
    50/50 white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle. Cheap & works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    50/50 white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle. Cheap & works great.
    +1

+1
    50/50 mix CLR & water in spray bottle.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Vinegar and water, and also CLR and water do work, but will strip of any layer of wax or other protectant you have on the ski. I use this stuff and it's the best I have ever found. Can be found at any marine store like West Marine.

nice soapy car wash bath, micro-fiber towel dry, 2 coats of a good quality paste wax, I like and use meguires gold class, but I think a harder marine wax would last longer. When done riding for the day immediately wipe it down with micro-fiber cloth while it's still wet. Ski will gleam and look fantastic on the water for about 3-4 rides and then start to look dingy again.. I love my 300X but the all black is a real PITA to keep looking nice, when it's all cleaned and waxed it looks amazing on the water other than that i think it looks like crap and blame all the manufacturers for following sea-pukes lead with the all black ski's

I alway take mine to one of the bars I go to so all the waitresses can strip down to bikinis and wash it.
    But I always follow up with vinegar and water...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information