+1

2010 GTI 130 problems vibrations noises

Hi I have a 2010 gti 4 stroke 130. with 94 hours.

The problem I am having is after a 20-30 minute ride the ski starts to make a noise. Its very hard to figure out where its coming from. To me it sounds like a bearing is giving up.
    It vibrates and makes noises, it get worse the longer i run it. The next time i use it it runs good until 20-30 min later. I took it to the dealer they put it in there tank and claim nothing is wrong with it. I took the pump out to inspect it found one fin on the impeller is slightly bent 1/4" or less on the back edge. I showed this to the service guy he said it was ok and that I would gain nothing from replacing it with a new one. The last time I had it out it was real bad, I was driving it slower than normal trying to get back to the trailer, I idled to a stop and went to take off again and it was vibrating like crazy very very badly. I got on and off the gas lightly a few times and it kind of poped and then stopped vibrating like crazy and went back to the lessor noise and vibration it was doing before. this is when I decided to take it into the dealer as it is still under warrantee.

The dealer wants me to take it out, get it to start doing this again and call them, he said they would come right down and look at it on the water.

The ski was a rental ski before I bought it and the prop was like this when I bought it.
    (I would think if it was a prop problem it would do it all the time)

When its doing the noise vibration the engine seems to run fine and accelerate like it should its just noisy and vibrates.

You have any idea what this might be?
    Or how to go about trouble shooting it?

On another note the ski smokes a bit (oil) is that normal?

Thanks

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    is the drive shaft rubber coated? and no smoke (oil) is not normal at all. make sure its not over filled

You say that the problem occurs after 20mins of operation. This could be due to the Coil Plug. It might look okay, but after it gets hot, it misfires, giving you a very unbalanced feel, coz one cylinder is misfiring. Try changing the position of the coilplugs. Eg, From cylinder 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and 3 to 1. And also get a set of new plugs to eliminate that issue.

+1
    Yes the drive shaft is rubber coated. and it smokes during cold start up and until it warms up it burns a little. Not real bad but noticeable.
    I will try the coils and plugs next time I take it out. If it was misfiring wouldn't it be down on power? It still runs strong accelerates good just has noise and slight vibration.

+1
    The oil is not overfilled. It was exactly centered on the two bends when I bought it (92 hours) and checked it today and its down the the lower bend (98 hours). going to buy oil today.

+1
    I would start with the obvious problem. Replace that impeller. Get a new wear ring. Check the pump bearings. An alignment check wouldn't hurt either.

Thread Information