+1

The 1450cc Motor

There has been a lot of discussion about this from the guys involved but I was wondering if anybody involved might have a rough idea at this point as to how much one of these motors is going to cost? Looking for cost of one with a single pipe and one with triples? Also, which watercraft will this all fit in?

+1
    This is going to run in place of any 1200 engine bay.
    The actual cost is still being discussed but I can venture to say it HAS to run at least 5K. How I come to this number based on current parts and guess work.
    Cases 700 through Polaris
    Cases Labor 300
    Crank 1000 I just paid 300 for a used crank and it ran 600 for the trueing/ welding etc.
    Cylinders 1000. No matter how you add it up a set of ported cylinders from Bush, Delaughter, Baxter, Watcon etc.
    Pistons 600 minimum as they are cold treated and coated
    Domes 300
    Misc 400. seals, gaskets, bearings etc.
    Head Cover 400. No matter who designs or sells it.
    Labor for assembly
    5K would seem like a great deal to me. I'm sure somebody else will chime in here and see how close or far off I am.

+1

1450 applications and pricing

that engine will go into any hull that will accept a polaris domestic triple. as for the price we are working to get all of this together as soon as we can. we are tring to make this as affordable as possiable. alot of money can be saved if you have a set of cases and a full circle crank along with your flywheel,stator,starter etc.... triple pipes are pricey at about 2500.00 new if you can fimd a set. i had heard that factory pipe had a few sets on the shelf. as for a single pipe they are plentyful and very inexpensive to pick up a used pipe/manifold. we are also going to have a muffler version(genesis,virage txi, x-45 style exhaust) as well. this is very resonable. we are also working on waterboxes as well. stay tuned into the "Blue Bullet" post. hope this helps. you can always call me or richie at either of our places.

thanks jay

+1
    Thanks...

I for some reason just thought you guys were also making a set of pipes that would go with this monster engine...that's why I asked what watercraft this will fit in. So I would need to get my own single/triple pipes to go with this which I would have concerns about as the pipes wouldn't have been designed to go with such an engine. I assume you guys would be able to give some help/insight on how to match them up so they work properly together...obviously I'm looking at pipes that would go into a SLTX hull.

Can't wait for the finished product...can you say Heinz Ketchup!!

This motor was designed to work with Virage Tx or Matrix pipes. We had to build the motor around the specs of these pipes. This is why we are only running the motor around 7400 rpms. To build a set of pipes to accomodate this motor at full potential would be great, but very costly.
    As Jay was saying, we are trying to keep the price reasonable.To build a set of pipes to match this motor's potential would be ideal because generally we build pipes to match our motors,as we do on our snowmobiles but with limited room and a waterjacketed pipe again this would be a costly task. So with this motor we had to base it around the rpms of these pipes. thanks Richie

+1
    That's perfectly understandable...I know making a matched set of pipes would have been very costly...and probably not realistic for financial stands. That's great you guys are making this work with exsisting pipes...unfortunately, in my case, these pipes don't fit my watercraft...well I should say not very easily as I know the Virage pipes can be made to fit the SLTX but with a lot of time, effort and knowledge. Maybe someday I will have the time for such a project...sounds like a single pipe would be the way to go for now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    Maybe someday I will have the time for such a project...sounds like a single pipe would be the way to go for now.
    Dude,
    What do you mean? After reading your post in the "list your mods" thread, I figured you would be up for anything?

+1
    Crazy...ya have to keep in mind that it's taken me over 1 1/2yrs. just to get to the point I am at now and I still have plenty to do to finish it...hopefully this summer sometime. I'm not even sure if it will start much less run for recreational use...ie run for several hours at a time. Now with a new born and a 2yr. old, my free time is virtually nill!! I would love to take on such a project but $ and time I just don't have anymore.

+1
    I hear ya, and understand. I gotta couple of irons in the fire myself, and then that will be it. The money just seems to pour out quicker than I can bring it in!!!

Congrats on the newborn too!!!

Thread Information