Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wear ring advise

I have been having problems with my 05 RXT for the past few weeks. First was a bog down at take off and on cornering. Found crap wedged inbettween the impeller and wear ring. Cleared it out and ran better but still had lack of power. Took it to local seadoo dealer. They said they preformed a cylinder power balance test and found cylinder 2 was no making much power. They found a bad plug a replaced all three plugs. Still got a little better but not all the way. Now when taking off from idle or after flipping it around and getting on it. The engine bounces off the rev limiter and it caviates like a normal prop boat does untill it gets moving and then it goes. Top speed is fine right at about 65-67. This unit is all stock by the way. So i checked my wear ring and it was right at if not over max clearance and has some groving in it. (pictures below) Is this what is causing the rest of my problem? Thanks in advance for all your input

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	248849
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	248850

+1
    Cavitation is a big contrubuto to what you are seeing. Put the pump in your frezzer for several hours (after you have removed the prop) and the wear ring should almost fall out. Then reverse the wear ring and wa la--install your prop--put your pump back on and you are ready to go.

+1
    I do the same thing but without removing the prop. It only takes about 30 min in the freezer to get the magic to happen.

+1

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Carbon ring and bellow.....

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Have you checked the impeller shaft for play? it might be time for a bearing replacement,

+1
    What does the prop look like? I have a GTI that is doing the exact same thing and the prop and wear ting are both pretty beat up on them both. Not my ski by the way somebody abused this poor thing for a while before I got involved in it. How about a piture of the prop?

+1
    i go throw wear rings like gas it seems like in my rxp i use 2 every summer ( i do put alot of hours on) i just dropped a new one in today trying it out tomorrow. if u do the freezer trick it works really go less u got the SBT rings i always have to cut thoes out of some reason and the new ones are hard to go in
    any one use the steel rings worth the money or?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wakejumper48 View Post
    i go throw wear rings like gas it seems like in my rxp i use 2 every summer ( i do put alot of hours on) i just dropped a new one in today trying it out tomorrow. if u do the freezer trick it works really go less u got the SBT rings i always have to cut thoes out of some reason and the new ones are hard to go in
    any one use the steel rings worth the money or?
    Same here. I go through 2-3 every season. More so when the water rises early in the riding season as I seem to find every piece of floating debris I can. I bought a prop tool and welded it to a hitch and it is easy in and easy out with the prop and I cut the ring out and another goes in within minutes. I have the art down pat. I do about 40 a season with local guys around here. Plenty of people out there that refuse to pay the $250+ for a ring change. The more you can do to your craft the more you can save your money.

+1
    I have a WSM stainless ring. They are plastic wrapped in stainless so you dont have to worry about dissimilar metal corrosion. The pump hooked up great

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information