Thread: Wooo-hooo!!!

Wooo-hooo!!!

well i got it all back together tonight and started it up first the first time i bought it, which was in august. one thing i noticed is that where the drive shaft sticks into the motor, and the coupler where the grease fitting is looks a little cock-eyed, like maybe its not straight some how. is this possible, and does it do some type of damage if its not straight, i will try to post a pic tomorrow to better show what i mean.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Yes it's possible, and yes it's bad. There's a tool needed to "align" the engine and drive pump, and use the shims under the engine mount plate and egine mounts. Did you remove the engine entirely from the hull?

yeah i completly pulled the engine but not the mounts. i looked for shims, and there was not just the locknuts and the one washer per bolt. to me it looks like it kinda turned to far to the right

+1
    You certainly want to align the engine before you cause damage to the impeller, driveshaft and or engine coupler.
    Jay has the alignment tool for sale at a discounted price or might even be renting it out now.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 12-19-2006 at 11:17 PM.

+1
    Post two in the tech section shows you the procedure.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15430

well called the guys at atlantic power sports and that tool is 143 bucks which was a lot for a tool i am only gonna use once. is there any way other than that tool to align the engine? if not i guess i gonna have to bite the bullet

+1
    http://www.mcmaster.com
    Item # 88625K81 $20.07 for 3'
    Bring to local machine shop and have it turned down on one end to fit the enging coupler
    Last edited by beerdart; 12-20-2006 at 11:57 AM.

i was thinking of something along those lines beerdart. the whole thing just puzzles me though, becaue the drive shaft slid home really easy and i put the engine back in the same spot cause i marked it before we yanked it out of there.

+1
    Having a perfect alignment is nice but not absolutely neccessary if you have the donut type coupler and your drive shaft has the curved/ovaled type splines which was used in the later model watercraft. I know for a fact that when Polaris assembled their watercraft that they didn't use any type of alignment tool...this is why they changed their design from original...they then didn't need to be perfect anymore. But it's always better to be safe and do things right!!

Thread Information