Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Real Mods!

+1

Real Mods!

Well it seems the ski has been out long enough and some are getting past the typical bolt on mods. There is the one thread already about the S/C wheel but what else is getting tried out there. For the members wanting to take the next step what is recommended not necessarily full open class race machines but just the little extra?
    Anyone want to share any secrets?
    Pump changes? Different Pitch? Different Impeller? head work? Timing? ECU? Anything being tested or has been tested?

i dont have a 300 but looks that you can almost due everything like we do on the 250 260.pistons,ecu,pitch,pump,head work,etc.this is what ive read so far in farthings website.

Banned User
    +1
    Im sure everyones gonna keep a tight lid on secret stuff till after WF's....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Im sure everyones gonna keep a tight lid on secret stuff till after WF's....
    Didn't think about that. I would also.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The pistons do not interchange they are new, you could get a custom headgasket made to bump the compression up a bit. The other option as I see is geting the blower ported, its a tvs so it shouldnt be hard to do, im sure the cobra and lightning guys could do it.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    May have to wait for Kawikwt to turn up the boost on his ski, but significantly more than 17-18 psi is likely going to cost some reliability and engine longevity. The obvious direction with these skis in the future is more displacement, at least 2.0 L
    I am mostly wanting to get to the 17+ pounds and the true 300 HP. I have found out what the engines and sc are capable of but what was not told to me was how to get there. I know the ski as it sits has a few "hidden" restrictions keeping it from getting to the advertised boost which will give it the hp. Just wanting to find out what they are without spending a fortune on it. I am not wanting to get unreliable since I am not a racer but I am wanting to get all of the skis potential out of it. It pulls way too hard up to whatever the max rpm the skis are running to not have more to it. I mean really this much power and torque only turning 7900+-. without detuning the impeller there has got to be a way to get more rpms. We should be able to add pitch and still get the same rpms or higher with the power I feel. I am not a pro at this level of modding so I really don't know. This is all new territory for me. I may be completely wrong but these are just my thoughts.

Banned User
    +1
    Ecu will net you more then it ever has in the past will give the most reliable hp and get you over and above that 300

Banned User
    +1
    Know what else i forgot to mention is that its hard to come on here and post up new stuff unless your R&D, Riva, or a very select few members no one believes in ya or thinks your smart enough to do anything so why share?!

im a drag racer and run a 7 second 185 mph 69 camaro(2 stage nitrous motor 3150lbs car w/driver.with this ski were gonna have to start throwing more pich to run more mph when the engine gets strong enough to turn it which isnt a bad thing.i agree the things got killer hp and feels like it should keep pulling harder up top even after washer mod/scom it seems like somthing is holding it back but it may just be the weight and how deep the hull is seems to have way more drag than any other ski i ever rode.anybody try the exhaust plate yet?.seems like it would help more than some mods that have been tried.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I post stuff all the time and even though people think im an ass it still gets around, I get on average 3 different pms from different senders a week asking about 15f stuff. You can post stuff up you just have to know what you are talking about or have the numbers to back it up. If you have thought it all through and tested it then what do you have to fear? Its not like we are the honda section (kidding I love you guys too)

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information