Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

couple afr questions

so i am in the process of still waiting for my x and 42's, i have been talked into a fizzle i/c and 4" intake. so i know to run the charger with the i/c i need the rrfpr and afr gage. so my questions are what is the best gage to run? am i better to have the sensor mounted in the manifold or the j pipe? my next question is does anyone make a dual gage pod that goes on the storage compartment by the reverse shifter? i only want to run afr and boost gage. finaly has anyonerun the afr gage on the stock charger and i/c to make comparisons?

+1
    I would do the J-Pipe. It is easier to get in and out. Nils at Rude Performance can take care of you. Labor is around $80.00. Turnaround time is usually 2-3 days. As far as the gauage, this is the one I would recommend as it does ALL the work for you. It calibrates the Heater, and Free Air o2 automatically with no button pushing. It comes with a bung and easy instructions. Once you get it wired, power the lc-1 on and then off with the sensor unplugged. Plug the sensor into the lc-1 and power it up. It will heat the sensor and then calibrate the heater, and then do a free air calibration. Once it is finished, power it off and install the sensor into the j-pipe and you are ready to go. Wait 2 mins before starting. This kit can be found here ---> http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

It is an all in one unit. Works great. Here is one in action. It is a video of me ironing out an issue.

Why is the numbers 4-5 instead of 12-14 like in the other devices from innovate??
    What numbers are you aiming for? I'm about to install one of the MTX's in my boat...

Trond

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    so i am in the process of still waiting for my x and 42's, i have been talked into a fizzle i/c and 4" intake. so i know to run the charger with the i/c i need the rrfpr and afr gage. so my questions are what is the best gage to run? am i better to have the sensor mounted in the manifold or the j pipe? my next question is does anyone make a dual gage pod that goes on the storage compartment by the reverse shifter? i only want to run afr and boost gage. finaly has anyonerun the afr gage on the stock charger and i/c to make comparisons?
    Mark at Race Tech will weld the bung in your j-pipe for $80. J lewis makes a double gauge pod for your glove box. He also made the top hood one I have. You could talk me into selling it. I don't think you need to worry about AFR's with that setup. Someone chime in if I'm wrong. I think all you need is rrfpr and a base pressure set @ 60lbs.

+1
    Jerry sells the J. Lewis guage pods in the store on this site now. you will need the LC1 to monitor your afr's. My ski runs like a turd with the base pressure set at 60 lbs. Down here in Alabama the humidity and temperature can vary a good bit during riding season and you have to tune for the conditions. Don't know about where you are but the humidity and temp are very high right now. heat index is over 100.

Innovate makes some good afr gauges, AEM is also a good. I plan on getting an innovate when i get some spare cash.

I just pm'd j lewis and he has the 2 gauge setup. i looked at the one jerry has in the store but it was the 3 gauge setup. i only want the dual to run boost and afr. ive done some reasearch and some say with base pressure at 60 is to much for the machines. i would also like to monitor because if i want to do a little spanking leaning it out just a little top end but not to much. and jim where is race tech? if your putting yours back to stock maybe we could trade j pipes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    Why is the numbers 4-5 instead of 12-14 like in the other devices from innovate??
    What numbers are you aiming for? I'm about to install one of the MTX's in my boat...

Trond

The setting got set to custom e85 when I changed the battery instead of being on gasoline. It now reads correctly after connecting to the computer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    I just pm'd j lewis and he has the 2 gauge setup. i looked at the one jerry has in the store but it was the 3 gauge setup. i only want the dual to run boost and afr. ive done some reasearch and some say with base pressure at 60 is to much for the machines. i would also like to monitor because if i want to do a little spanking leaning it out just a little top end but not to much. and jim where is race tech? if your putting yours back to stock maybe we could trade j pipes.
    Kevin is taking my j-pipe. Mark has moved. Just Google Race Tech and it will come up.

+1
    ya^^^ im going to do a little spanking on the water .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information