Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    !!!! wave jumper !!!! 05_RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Posts
    513

    couple afr questions

    so i am in the process of still waiting for my x and 42's, i have been talked into a fizzle i/c and 4" intake. so i know to run the charger with the i/c i need the rrfpr and afr gage. so my questions are what is the best gage to run? am i better to have the sensor mounted in the manifold or the j pipe? my next question is does anyone make a dual gage pod that goes on the storage compartment by the reverse shifter? i only want to run afr and boost gage. finaly has anyonerun the afr gage on the stock charger and i/c to make comparisons?


  2. #2
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    I would do the J-Pipe. It is easier to get in and out. Nils at Rude Performance can take care of you. Labor is around $80.00. Turnaround time is usually 2-3 days. As far as the gauage, this is the one I would recommend as it does ALL the work for you. It calibrates the Heater, and Free Air o2 automatically with no button pushing. It comes with a bung and easy instructions. Once you get it wired, power the lc-1 on and then off with the sensor unplugged. Plug the sensor into the lc-1 and power it up. It will heat the sensor and then calibrate the heater, and then do a free air calibration. Once it is finished, power it off and install the sensor into the j-pipe and you are ready to go. Wait 2 mins before starting. This kit can be found here ---> http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

    It is an all in one unit. Works great. Here is one in action. It is a video of me ironing out an issue.


  3. #3
    Norwegian Wiking Trond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    1,456
    Why is the numbers 4-5 instead of 12-14 like in the other devices from innovate??
    What numbers are you aiming for? I'm about to install one of the MTX's in my boat...

    Trond

  4. #4
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    so i am in the process of still waiting for my x and 42's, i have been talked into a fizzle i/c and 4" intake. so i know to run the charger with the i/c i need the rrfpr and afr gage. so my questions are what is the best gage to run? am i better to have the sensor mounted in the manifold or the j pipe? my next question is does anyone make a dual gage pod that goes on the storage compartment by the reverse shifter? i only want to run afr and boost gage. finaly has anyonerun the afr gage on the stock charger and i/c to make comparisons?
    Mark at Race Tech will weld the bung in your j-pipe for $80. J lewis makes a double gauge pod for your glove box. He also made the top hood one I have. You could talk me into selling it. I don't think you need to worry about AFR's with that setup. Someone chime in if I'm wrong. I think all you need is rrfpr and a base pressure set @ 60lbs.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    257
    +1
    1
    Jerry sells the J. Lewis guage pods in the store on this site now. you will need the LC1 to monitor your afr's. My ski runs like a turd with the base pressure set at 60 lbs. Down here in Alabama the humidity and temperature can vary a good bit during riding season and you have to tune for the conditions. Don't know about where you are but the humidity and temp are very high right now. heat index is over 100.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    20
    Innovate makes some good afr gauges, AEM is also a good. I plan on getting an innovate when i get some spare cash.

  7. #7
    !!!! wave jumper !!!! 05_RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Posts
    513
    I just pm'd j lewis and he has the 2 gauge setup. i looked at the one jerry has in the store but it was the 3 gauge setup. i only want the dual to run boost and afr. ive done some reasearch and some say with base pressure at 60 is to much for the machines. i would also like to monitor because if i want to do a little spanking leaning it out just a little top end but not to much. and jim where is race tech? if your putting yours back to stock maybe we could trade j pipes.

  8. #8
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    Why is the numbers 4-5 instead of 12-14 like in the other devices from innovate??
    What numbers are you aiming for? I'm about to install one of the MTX's in my boat...

    Trond

    The setting got set to custom e85 when I changed the battery instead of being on gasoline. It now reads correctly after connecting to the computer.

  9. #9
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    I just pm'd j lewis and he has the 2 gauge setup. i looked at the one jerry has in the store but it was the 3 gauge setup. i only want the dual to run boost and afr. ive done some reasearch and some say with base pressure at 60 is to much for the machines. i would also like to monitor because if i want to do a little spanking leaning it out just a little top end but not to much. and jim where is race tech? if your putting yours back to stock maybe we could trade j pipes.
    Kevin is taking my j-pipe. Mark has moved. Just Google Race Tech and it will come up.

  10. #10
    AtoMIC_OraNGE greenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Barrie / BuckHORN Ontario
    Posts
    2,509
    +1
    234
    ya^^^ im going to do a little spanking on the water .....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New '07 150 SCIC owner, couple of questions.
    By Armand28 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:40 AM
  2. Couple of questions?
    By SeanJ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
  3. Newbie saying hi, and a couple of questions.
    By aussie rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 01:02 AM
  4. Couple of questions please help...
    By OzVirage in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
  5. Replies: 171
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 06:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •