95 slt problms an questions

Ok so iam new too pwc but i recently got a 95 slt 750 that was suppost to be rebuilt recently but after a month of use the #1 piston has a bad burn spot alomost a hole in it the cylinder is bad scared along with the pistons sides so i know i need a new sleeve Weres best place to get thoea?? an piston etc.. It has 145 psi on the other two cylinders should i pull the jugs off of them to check them??? It also has the stock fuel pump could this have caused this problm?? Iam ganna change to a 3 outlet with this build weres the best place to get the pump at?? What kinda pistons are you guys runnen wsm? Wiesco? Is the wsm iney good? Thanks for your advive

Just had the same problem on my ski but it destroyed the rod and crank assembly.

I found a broken petal on the PTO reed valve when I dissassembled the engine that was causing low fuel pump pressure which resulted in a lean condition. Either you have the same problem or a combination of a bad fuel pump and dirty carbs. I think 145 psi compression is to high for a stock 750 engine.

For Polaris parts and advice on you engine check out John Ziegler @ http://www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by justinjohnsonh20 View Post
    ...95 slt 750 ....rebuilt recently ....#1 piston has a bad burn spot alomost a hole in it the cylinder is bad scared along with the pistons sides so i know i need a new sleeve Weres best place to get thoea?? an piston etc..

145 psi on the other two cylinders should i pull the jugs off of them to check them???

It also has the stock fuel pump could this have caused this problm?? Iam ganna change to a 3 outlet with this build weres the best place to get the pump at?? What kinda pistons are you guys runnen wsm? Wiesco? Is the wsm iney good? Thanks for your advive
    Rebuilding an engine without addressing the the cause of the problem is a recipe for disaster. Definitely get a 3-outlet fuel pump and reroute the plumbing. John Zigler at Rock County Jet Ski is a great place for the pumps. He includes the plugs you'll need, all clamps, and USCG rated hoses.

You could pull the heads off CEN and PTO just to confirm all is okay. The main thing you'll look for is scoring on the walls and a wash pattern on the top of the piston. If all is good you should have nothing to worry about.

I think I would go with WSM or OEM. I would not mix Wiseco's with other types because they expand different from other types. I believe they are forged where others are cast (or the other way around). Anyway, Wiseco's require different tolerances, warm up time, etc.

Unless your cylinder was already punched out to the max diameter you should be able to bore it and get an oversized piston. I have used SBT pistons in the past and they worked just fine. If you must resleeve you can get these from SBT.

KJ

Ok thanks guys il post pics when i getta chance is it bad on the engine for one piston to be bored over an the others have the stock bore. An should i
    rebuild my carbs??

+1
    All three of those cylinders are lean. Below is a picture of a pretty decent wash pattern. It could be a little richer, but the idea is that you have clean aluminum spots on the dome around in the intake ports. Solid black on the piston dome means it's hot and will eventually burn and fail.

Banned User
    +1
    Yikes!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Yikes!!!!!!
    Yikes on mine or yikes on Justin's?

The OP's pistons definitely show a serious lack of fuel and/or proper adjustment.

KJ

Thread Information