Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

brand new waverunner is already having issues, stalling and heavy shutttering, help

I bought a brand new fzs this year to avoid all the issues related to used ski's and I was very happy until about 45 hours. I mainatin my own ski first off, and im perfectly qualified, and there have been no issues until now. First the ski stalled on me a few days randomly, and I let it slide because I wasn't sure if I hit the stop button by accident. Then I realized I wasn't hitting the stop button and I could make it stall on command, more so when its warmed up. All I have to do is increase rpms to 2500, back off and then slowly re apply to 2500. If I do not increase rpms quick enough, or compensate when it starts to stumble, it wil stall out. The dealer of course could not replicate it and said it is normal. That response would have been half way accceptable, but now the ski shutters heavily upon acceleration. If I gun it, it feels like a 2 stroke loaded up and miss firing on one cylinder. It will aslo shutter under mild acceleration as it starts to plane off. This is not normal I assure you, I know this machine vibrates I've rode it all year over 50 hours now. So my question is, what can I do? What should I check out on my own first? I was going to pull the air filter and spark plugs first. But if that doesn't work, my dealer is going to want to ride it, then claim they cannot replicate the problem and tell me its fine. I go on long trips and if my motor fails im screwed, and once I've lost faith in this machine I will no longer enjoy it. Do you think yamaha motor co will do anything for me if I complain I have no confidence and the dealer can't figure out the problem? I don't want to be stuck with a heap of junk in a year or two because they neglected a serious issue.

Try another dealer. There has be more than one in your area.

+1
    Yeah but I didn't buy it from them so they will take the rest of the summer figuring it out, I've delt with them before too lol. Its almost like immature little kids they throw a temper tantrum when you go there with a machine you didn't buy from them and then start playing the "screw the other dealer" game and blame them for the problems lol

Did the dealer check for any codes? When you have the engine running press the hour/volt button for eight seconds and this will show if there are any codes. I think the manual says it will only show one if there are multiple codes.

Lou

+1
    I will check myself but last time I was in there were no codes, that was before the shuttering started. The odd part is this all started after I switched to seadoo summer blend oil because the dealer only stocks that and I was in need of an oil change that weekend, it is 10w 40 and the right api class safe for superchargers. still a funny coincidence. Only other difference was ni filled up on the water in lake george without stabil, and I never fill up on the water or without stabil

Can you drain your gas tank and start with fresh fuel? If your uncomfortable with the sea-doo oil you can order oil online, with the expense of shipping. Check all of your hoses from the supercharger to throttle body.

Lou

+1
    I had some shuttering and the engine would cut out when my oil was overfilled by a quart. I would also drain that seadoo oil and switch to yamalube. That way you can eliminate the possibility that it is the oil since your troubles started after the new oil.

+1
    mine was doing something similar at 6 hrs. It ended up being a loose clamp in the exhaust. Check everything there. Ct power and sport are the only ones around here that dont play the you didnt buy it here so we dont want to work on it game. I know thats where you bought it, so i would let them try again. Everyone else in the area sucks.

60% of the time, it works every time.
    Meet up with the dealer where you can ride it and show them what its doing. Maybe you culd ask if one of thier techs could meet you on the water when they might already be there on thier own time. Not to fix it then but simply to see what its doing and then let them know later when you bring it in, yeah heres what its doing.

+1
    I agree ct power and sport are all very nice guys which is why I bought it there, but I haven't gained much confidence in their service dept yet. I wont go saying why publicly but I have my reasons. That being said, I checked the intake tube from the airbox and it had a little oil in it, and the airbox was dry. I fill my oil up to the top of the cross hatch zone then check it level on the trailer and level in the water. Its not overfilled though, I just don't like filling it half way up the safe zone knowing how little oil is there in the first place and the thing churns around so much in the water I want to make sure its full. That being said, if I extract a bit of oil and go test drive it again that will confirm my belief that it is not oil level related. Isn't a bit of oil normal in the intake tube right under the recirculation pipe? And by the way, what is this small black box at the back of the engine that the crankcase recirculation lines go to? Some sort of collection box for oil vapors? Anyway, I will also run some fresh gas through.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information