Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NYC cannonball run ??

anybody know anything about this ? went to the site and all it says is 11:00 saturday. Nothing about how to register, nothing about cost. how does it run, from statue north under train bridge and down east river under Brooklyn bridge back to statue ??

What if the bridge is close ? aren't there no wake zones around some of those bridges on the east river ? anybody know about this race, I would like to know the details. Thanks..

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    August 13 - Cannon Ball Run NYC

Quite simply, the fastest one around the Island of Manhattan, wins! Start point will be near the Statue of Liberty and end at the Statue of Liberty in a timed relay. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner. Cash Prizes! There will be an entry fee and everyone entering the event must register. Meet time will be at the Statue of Liberty at 11:00am. Please contact me for more information.

http://jettyjumpers.com/jet_ski_even..._ball_run.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    anybody know anything about this ? went to the site and all it says is 11:00 saturday. Nothing about how to register, nothing about cost. how does it run, from statue north under train bridge and down east river under Brooklyn bridge back to statue ??

What if the bridge is close ? aren't there no wake zones around some of those bridges on the east river ? anybody know about this race, I would like to know the details. Thanks..
    I learned that it was every man for themselves. No info on where to go. It was a complete mess with the ECP group. I think a few ended up in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I learned that it was every man for themselves. No info on where to go. It was a complete mess with the ECP group. I think a few ended up in Canada.
    Did you race it ? sounds like some people missed the right hand turn into the E.R.

+1
    Did you race it ? sounds like some people missed the right hand turn into the E.R.
    Yes I did the race finished 3rd. I destroyed everyone from the line but was on the left side (nj) and had to cut across to make the right. Fell back to 4th and passed a Kawi for 3rd

Yes others missed the right at the ER. It was a free for all, should have been a meeting prior to discuss the route that would be taken etc

+1
    How can you race through the Harlem/East Rivers without pissing a whole bunch of people off and capsizing some kayaks and sculls?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    How can you race through the Harlem/East Rivers without pissing a whole bunch of people off and capsizing some kayaks and sculls?
    Ya about that

I felt guilty flying by all those kayaks and was worried for them after doing so. Not safe!

I'm pretty sure there are some no-wake zones under some of those bridges on the E.R. also. As far as the Kayaks, if your not in a no wake zone as long as your 100' away they are there at their own risk.

So Scott, the big question, are you doing it this year ? I submitted a contact us form from their web-site, didn't get anyting back. Doesn't sound very well organized at all. How much was it ?

+1
    I'm pretty sure there are some no-wake zones under some of those bridges on the E.R. also. As far as the Kayaks, if your not in a no wake zone as long as your 100' away they are there at their own risk.

So Scott, the big question, are you doing it this year ? I submitted a contact us form from their web-site, didn't get anyting back. Doesn't sound very well organized at all. How much was it ?
    No I'm out as well as the ECP crew. We attended last yr which was the majority of the riders. So I'm assuming this yr will be 2-3 people tops with almost no pay out.

+1
    The no wakes are what I meant about pissing people off... as far as the kayaks, sculls, canoes, etc. the law may be one thing, but common courtesy and common sense are another.

I ride there often- it is not the place to hold a race unless arrangements can be made accordingly in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information