+1

water in through PTO?

2010 RXT-X260, 42 hrs. Just repaired my ski after it sunk due (i believe) to 8 of the 10 rubber seals on the IBR mounts were split. When I had got it home the motor wasn't hydro locked; The oil looked clean on the stick but but a little water came out of the cylinders when I pulled the plugs and turned it over so I changed the oil ran it a little and then changed the oil again. last Sunday after everything was repaired I ran the ski for a minute with the water hose connected.(of course turned water off first). Checked oil - looked good.
    Took the ski out today to test it in the water. Started it at home and started OK.
    I put it in the water and watched it for a while for leaks; bone dry. I tried to start it; wouldn't start, just turned over, it never would start. Checked the oil and it looked milky.
    Took it home; tried to start it-hydro locked. Pulled the plugs and blew out all the water. Sprayed in some fogging oil and turned it over a few times. Changed the oil; plugs back in and it started and ran OK.
    I don't know what's happening. I though water might be getting in through the PTO seal but the bilge is bone dry. No sign of water or oil around the carbon ring.
    Maybe some water hiding in the fizzle line? I had ran it for about a minute so I would think if there was any water in the line it would have sucked it into the motor.
    I don't know what to do next. I guess put it in the water again and see if the same thing happens again.
    Any ideas would be appreciated

+1
    I think u had water in the air intake system from the sinking and just did not get it all out, it will get into the i/c, s/cer, int manifold and sit at the bottom waiting for u to rev and grenade it.....

+1
    +1

Have you installed a bilge pump yet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    I think u had water in the air intake system from the sinking and just did not get it all out, it will get into the i/c, s/cer, int manifold and sit at the bottom waiting for u to rev and grenade it.....
    Exactly what I was thinking.

+1
    I'll pull all my air hoses and make sure there is no more water in them.
    I have installed a bilge pump.
    Thanks for the help.

+1
    I puled all the hoses. I saw signs there might have been water in the hose between the inter cooler and throtle valve. The hose has a large dip in it. I changed the oil twice; it looks clear now. Going out this afternoon. It's got to run, I have a jet ski power run Saturday. I don't like having water in the ski. I spent 20 years on sumbarines; we have strict ideas about which side of the hull the water shouold be on.

+1
    I finally got my ski back in the water without any problems. Stage 1 with Jerry reflash. On the cluster: before 69 mph/8040 rpm. Today full tank of gas, slight chop 74mph/8383 rpm. I'm satisfied. A 65 year old shouldn't be going that fast anyway.

Thread Information