Brewmaster Mike

Y.E.S. Warranty for my 2011 FZS....what do you think?

I have until November before my standard warranty expires...no problems with my FZS with about 18 hours on it now. How does everyone feel about the Y.E.S. extended warranty? What has your experience been with Yamaha (FZS/FZR) reliability, and would you recommend the extended warranty? Are there any "catches" that I should be aware of if I go with the extension?

+1
    Well it's probably going to cost you somewhere between 350$-450$ which is likely less than the cost of a repair, specifically the clutch. I would do it.

I can't comment on the FZS/FZR reliability, but Yamaha's Y.E.S. warranty is done by Yamaha. Many others for example Polaris use an aftermarket company to process claims. And charge a deductible for warranty work. Even if you don't use it, I would think it would be a great selling point when it comes time to resale your ski. I purchased it a few weeks after buying my ski. My dealer didn't even tell me about it during the sell?

Brewmaster Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Well it's probably going to cost you somewhere between 350$-450$ which is likely less than the cost of a repair, specifically the clutch. I would do it.
    Actually, it's close to $1000....but I understand your point, part costs can add up quick.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mmayer View Post
    Actually, it's close to $1000....but I understand your point, part costs can add up quick.
    Wow that's a lot of cash. I got my number from what dealers were offering at boatshows.

+1
    I paid $800 for the YES warranty in February when I bought it with my SHO. The math just makes sense. Read the YES warranty carefully word for word. I'll send it to you if you would like. It literally covers everything as long as proper maintenance is performed. After talking with other YES purchasers in different formus I was convinced. One or two repairs would pay for the warranty no question.

If it were an N/A model you may be able to do without the Y.E.S.; it might be worth taking the chance. But with a Super Charged model it would be foolish not to get the YES warranty. Any exposure at all will most likely involve the Super Charger in one way or another. Do not get any warranty other than the Factory warranty. Any other warranty is a waste of money . . .

+1
    mmayer; these guys are giving you good advice; get the warranty and make sure it's the 5 year plan. I got mine for $320 each as part of a dealer incentive but I would not hesitate to pay the $1,000. The parts alone on these 4 strokes can run a small fortune. The Y.E.S. is fully transferrable; that's a big plus for buyers when you decide to sell them down the road. In my experience you will not be able to get that warranty ever again once the window closes, so don't blow it!

+1
    Keep in mind. You are not obligated to buy the extended warranty through the dealer you bought the ski from. Although it could make it easier for them to play nice with you when time for repair comes around.

With that said. You can purchase the extended Y.E.S warranty through any yamaha dealer in the U.S over the phone or internet. Shop around for the best price to buy or use the price info to haggle with your dealer. It's like anything else yamaha sells. They have an MSRP price and dealer price. Anything they sell it for over the dealer price is pure profit. The first link is a dealer i found on net that has all prices listed.
    MSRP for (4) years additional is $920. Their asking price is $782. $140 savings, but they're still making a great profit. http://www.motorcyclesong.com/YES.html

Here is another yamaha dealer on ebay from wisconsin. 4 year extended, $595, Just goes to show what kind of leeway they have to make a profit....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...rcraftQ5fParts

+1
    I declined the Y.E.S. and opted into the Y.E.S.S.M.A.M.M.N as in the "yes, send me all my mods now" service.

Thread Information