1st ski question

Would the rxp, or rxt be good candidates for my first ski, or should I be looking at a less powerful ski.?

I haven't been on anything besides a few hours on rentals.

I'm very mechanically inclined and will most likely do all work on the ski so repair costs are not a factor? I just got back from a ride on family vacation, and I'm hooked. I want to do this right and take my time. Along with winter sales I will be looking to buy around November.

i own a rxp215 and love it. it really all depeds on what kind of riding you plan to do. obiouse is that the rxp is a 2 seater and rxt is a 3 seater and it is really personal preferance for that i went with the 2 seater due to the size and space it would take up in my garage and i didnt plan on taking any more than 2 people on it. as for power thats also opinion i like to go fast and if you do to i say go for it! there both great machines either way! also rxp and rxt's come with a learners key that limits its power so you can...well learn on it if needed so even if it was ur first ski you could still learn on it!

+1
    The power plants are essentially the same unless you step up to the x-ski's. The difference in the two is the hull length. The RXP is going to have a more aggressive speed and handling versus the RXT is going to be heavier and more of your cruising ski for you and the wife to hang out on. It is all in what you want to do with it. The RXT is great for rougher water.

+1
    My first ski and only thus far was an rxt. I never regretted having the power. If you need to warm up to the power of these skis, I introduce you to the learning key..... as stated above.

+1
    Start with the learners key and you will quickly start leaving it at home. You will love the RXT/RXP.

yeah what it comes down to is personal opinion both are good reliable skis it just depends on where you ride and what kind of riding you are looking to do

+1
    If you're going to be riding mainly in the ocean I would definitely say to get the RXT. If you'll be spending most of your time on rivers and smaller lakes, go with the RXP.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    If you're going to be riding mainly in the ocean I would definitely say to get the RXT. If you'll be spending most of your time on rivers and smaller lakes, go with the RXP.
    He would know!

Look at his videos from Miami to Exuma.... Kick Ass!!

Thank you everyone for the input. After reading the first few I was sold, I'll be in the Chesapeake bay and back rivers of Myrtle to starts, but I'm down to try new things. I'm headed to the dealer to leave some drool on the window this Saturday. I'll let you know if how well I restrain myself

Thread Information