Question 1999 polaris slx 1050cc major problem

Is ther anyone out there that can help me with my SLX 1050cc 1999 polaris. my father bought it brand new in OR , sold it to me but with a problem! that 3 mechanics can not figure out. when you do a 360 either to the right or to the left the ski sounds like its flooding out and takes a while to get up and moving or even when you are at a complete stand still and go to gas it you half to jab and jab and jab the gas to get going. The top speed of the ski was 59 to 60 on very smooth water now it wont go past 47. We have rebuilt the carb 3 different times and still the ski is a total slug I am willing to pay $$ for the help that anyone could give me over this service. My father never had the carbs ever worked on untill I bought the ski, thats when we started trouble shooting, the gas has been flushed out with new, new reeds,and new plugs. this problem my father said got progressivley worse. HELP 818 424 3031

are all the pumps working,look down the carbs and see that they are shooting a stream of fuel when you hit the throttle

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    replace all the gray fuel line,make sure the middle carb return orifice is clear.its cast into the body and behind the large brass fitting at the top.the cast orifice can be drilled out and a mikuni main jet size 60 will work as a replacement if you tap and thread the hose end of the brass fitting.

Thanks for the reply. I sent the ski to a shop in castaic CA called Jet Ski World this place seems like no joke! they were dead serious for all details without any humor! at first I was mad but then I saw around me how professional they were. They went on to tell me that the mechanic who would be working on ski was a racer for Polaris as well as a lead mechanic and he knows and has seen it all! I truly hope so. Ill keep you posted thank you for your support

What is the verdict

Quote Originally Posted by john birk View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I sent the ski to a shop in castaic CA called Jet Ski World this place seems like no joke! they were dead serious for all details without any humor! at first I was mad but then I saw around me how professional they were. They went on to tell me that the mechanic who would be working on ski was a racer for Polaris as well as a lead mechanic and he knows and has seen it all! I truly hope so. Ill keep you posted thank you for your support

So what was or is the problem?

Thread Information