Loosing oil on a stock 2006 RXP

I have been loosing oil at about 1/2 quart per tank of gas on my RXP. It has been doing this since I bought it used 1.5 years ago.(I did not find this issue till after buying) I have verified that I am not overfilling the oil (Checking it after riding till warm and idling for 30 seconds). The previous owner had the SC fail and installed a new stock one with the new washers. I installed a new viton seal without seeing any change. I do notice some oil that comes out with the water when I start it up on the trailer to push the water out after riding. Any ideas where to look next?

+1
    The oil slick makes me think you are having a leak exiting the exhaust side so that could be from valve stem seals, valve guides or rings. How many hours? Think about doing both a compression test and leak down test.

Are your intake hoses oily on the inside? Could be a supercharger seal, or even a bad TOPS valve recirculating oil back into the intake hose.

+1
    Internal oil cusumption valve guide seals,rings or blow by. Does the ski smoke at all blueish/white

The comps are good across cylinders and I do not ever see any smoke outside what I think is normal witch is about none and just white. When I installed the Viton SC ring there was a little residual oil in the pipes. It has just over 100 hrs now. I will have to check the other items listed. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveard View Post
    The comps are good across cylinders and I do not ever see any smoke outside what I think is normal witch is about none and just white. When I installed the Viton SC ring there was a little residual oil in the pipes. It has just over 100 hrs now. I will have to check the other items listed. Thanks
    What are your compression numbers? 1/2 qt per tank is HIGH.... You are probably losing it out of the base of the SC. The o-rings that go around the SC could be bad. My 06 had that issue after the rebuild. I didn't put it in square and bound one of the rings and pinched it causing the leak. Of which caused the oil slick on the water when you backed it down the ramp with the residual water in the hull under the engine washing it out.

check the pto seal around drive shaft i was losing oil here stock oetiker clamp failed and was leaking oil at this point there always seemed to be oil in the bottom of my hull so i searched and found loose clamp on driveshaft

My Comps are 140/155/155 on a cold engine. There is no oil seen in the hull only coming out when running and flushing so I think it must be going through the exhaust or cooling loop.

+1
    You need to do a leak down test. Since you have done everything else.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    You need to do a leak down test. Since you have done everything else.
    That's a good idea!

i agree check the pto seal i was leaking there before

Thread Information