Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pole rider and couch speed freak!

FZR Testing results (Speed and RPMs)

First,
    Big thanks to Hitman and JD-1 for helping me get on the right track. I recently added a R3 Reflash, C3 wheel, JD intercooler, Cooling kit, R&D Skat 13/23, R&D Rideplate, and the usual Riva cold air intake, Intake upgrade (ribbon removed), and freeflow exhaust.

The ski runs consitstent [email protected] RPMs with the Skat 13/23 and stock nozzle. I went back to the stock prop and jumped to 8400-8500 and ran slower (75-76).

77 seems like good speed for RPMs that low, but the higher RPMs with the stock prop have me disappointed. I need to take some pitch out of the Skat I guess, but I have access to a GPR 85MM nozzle and may try that first. It should be good for 200 RPMs or so. That will put it around 8300. I have yet to vent the hull so that may gain a few rpms as well.

Any input or suggestions?

+1
    C3 + R3 + IC should be 80+ no problem. Sounds like you need to get those RPMs up on the skat. In my testing, the skat swirl prop offers more speed at LESS rpm than the stock prop. And it looks like you came to the same conclusion. I would pitch your skat to get your rpms as close as possible to your target and then fine tune with a nozzle from there. Also, I replied to your pm.

+1
    +1....I've seen over 80 in 100% humidity 90+ degree south Louisiana weather, with a 1/4 tank of fuel...water wasn't glass smooth either.

+1
    Yep, that Skat is going to be faster unless someone progressively pitches your stock prop. I've got a couple you could try but maybe try an 85mm nozzle with your skat or take some pitch out of it. Get Tommy Jordan in here and see what he says. He's done a lot of testing with prop and nozzle combinations on the FZR. Or Jim's performance. He knows his stuff too.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Try that 85mm nozzle like Hitman says. So many times that nozzle has been recommended to me now. I probably should have tried it sooner.

+1
    which grate are you running, I would try the GPR nozzle before I pitch the prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Try that 85mm nozzle like Hitman says. So many times that nozzle has been recommended to me now. I probably should have tried it sooner.
    +1....I'm using an 86mm, er, I was until my clutch went. The Riva rings are such an easy way to "adjust" rpm's.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    The GPR nozzle is easy! Cheap from the classifieds, spend some time drilling/tapping 6 small holes for reverse brackets, sealing up the gay-spray hole and removing the internal lip at that hole. Pretty simple if you get your hands on one.

+1
    Guys, I have just had the ribbon deleted on my FZS an I am banging onto the limiter with the stock speedo showing around 70mph, prior to doing the ribbon the speedo was showing 73mph regularly once I was getting to the bottm of the tank. Is this just a case that the stock speedo is inaccuate or do you think there is something else going on that has caused me to go slower. We did not do anything else to the ski. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gleson View Post
    Guys, I have just had the ribbon deleted on my FZS an I am banging onto the limiter with the stock speedo showing around 70mph, prior to doing the ribbon the speedo was showing 73mph regularly once I was getting to the bottm of the tank. Is this just a case that the stock speedo is inaccuate or do you think there is something else going on that has caused me to go slower. We did not do anything else to the ski. Thanks
    The stock speedo is innaccurate... no doubt. But check for a boost leak. I had one after doing the manifold upgrade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information