Fogging 4tec motor

I have the riva rear air kit, is it ok to just fog through the rear air with the engine running and revved to be sure everything gets coated then let it cut out? Seems the easiest that way the SC gets a coating as well and no hoses need to be removed...

+1
    I would not. It will work. But then your ic and pipes will be coated with o. Seems that would cake up over time. Maybe just a squirt to coat it. Ur supposed to take the injectors out and hose down the valves. Id drop some oil in the cylinders. Imo id forget the tradditional fogging method. Thats more for 2 strokes. No way you can coat the valves as good as spraying them directly

So what's the best way to coat them for say long term storage... what about just after ride coating when you know it won't be long before it's used again? I fogged it today just a little through the rear air. I won't make it something I do frequently, but I think just the SC and intercooler got a coating, didn't really even smoke through the exhaust. So, squirt through the injector holes is the trick then huh? The rail is held on by like 3 bolts right, not a big deal to pop it up and squirt into the holes... something one would do after riding or before long term storage or both?

+1
    I wouldnt bother unless your storing it

Yeah but have the 04 with what might be still the problematic exhaust valve.... I'd like to know they have a coating on them to keep them from corroding. The ski had had some work done, the PO could have replaced the valves already I just don't know. I do blow out the ski when I take it out of the water but I hear if any water remains the exhaust valves are subject to high humidity which can cause them to corrode.

If it's exhaust valves you're concerned about, pull the plugs and spray right in the cylinders. Then cover the plug holes with a towel or something and turn the engine over a few times with the trottle held wide open to cut fuel flow.

That sounds easy enough, is that something to do after every ride or...? Just trying to do as much preventative maintenece as required...

Jared

Thread Information