Thread: GTS215...?

+1

GTS215...?

Got a question guys....I'm new to the Seadoo world, but have come across an ubelievable price for a new 2011 GTS130, and a friend who has a 215 SC/IC seadoo motor. What would be required to drop the 215 motor into the 2011 GTS130 hull? The 130 engine even has the hole in the back of it for the SCer already, and all the engine specs are the same. I am hoping to just drop it in, add the electrics and blast off! But the engine is not a 2011, I think its an 09.

+1
    Only problem you will have is that 2011 models have different ecus to 2009 models so you will have to get your ecu flashed rather than use the 09 ecu

Also the pump etc on the GTI is plastic i believe and maybe smaller?

+1
    Correct me if im wrong but the sc engines have forged internal and.non sc arnt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    Only problem you will have is that 2011 models have different ecus to 2009 models so you will have to get your ecu flashed rather than use the 09 ecu

Also the pump etc on the GTI is plastic i believe and maybe smaller?
    After thinking about it last night, no doubt, I will also snag a 215 pump to drop in, but the 130 pump looks so tiny now, will have to compare those. Dont want to lose the display features or the look of the display. Hoping to find reflash info here for that mod.

Thanks for the reply!

Thread Information