Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Trailer sold to me by Yamaha dealer badly scratched the hull/keel on 2011 Yamaha FZR

Guys,

I recently purchased a 2011 Yamaha FZR which I truly love. I have used it about 6 times since I bought it. I just noticed today that the Karavan trailer sold to me by the dealer did not have the bunker height correctly adjusted and my FZR's keel is very scratched/damaged now. The frame from the trailer does not have enough clearance from the FZR's keel. I plan to film a video and take more picture to take them to the dealer and show them the damage this has done. Do you have any suggestion on how to deal with this issue with the dealer? Should I try to get a lawyer to know what the dealer should do for me? I think that the dealer should make the ski look like when I bought it since this damage wasn't caused by a mistake from my part. I was wondering if any of you have more insisght on how far the dealer can/should go to help me.

I have attached pictures in case you are curious how the keel is looking
    Thank you,

Daniel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-12 18.47.05.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	249482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-12 18.39.30.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	249483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-12 18.39.36.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	249484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-12 18.39.43.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	249486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-12 18.47.47.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	249487

+1
    Who ever set up that trailer for your fzr is a retard. Bring it back to the dealer and get it adjusted for free and demand money for the repair. This stuff really pisses me off, a 5 year old could set up that trailer better.

Ditto!!!

While what happed is unfortunate, I think this should have been rectified prior to you driving the trailer with the ski home.
    You say you used it six times....you should have noticed after the 1st time that something was not right. It's just one of those thing you need to look out for, along with the other odds and ends involved with maintaining these skis.

While it sucks that the dealer did not provide you that worked perfectly out of the box, some responsibility should be placed on you, as the end user.

I'd be on your side if it happend on the drive home.....but after 6 outings? My opinion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedTaco View Post
    You say you used it six times....you should have noticed after the 1st time that something was not right. It's just one of those thing you need to look out for, along with the other odds and ends involved with maintaining these skis. I'd be on your side if it happend on the drive home.....but after 6 outings? My opinion.
    While I do understand where ChargedTaco is coming from and the problem should have been noticed by the end user, I still believe you have the right to expect that things will be correct and proper when buying BRAND NEW from a DEALERSHIP. If it were a used ski and trailer, all bets are off and thats the gamble you choose when buying used. What if you bought a brand new Corvette and after the 6th time out of the driveway it sent a rod through the block because there was only one quart of oil in it? Should you check your own oil... yes, but is it expected to be correct at delivery??--OF COURSE! Every time a new vehicle is purchased it goes through something called PDI. That's pre delivery inspection for short. What that means is a factory trained technician is supposed to check EVERYTHING on that vehicle to make sure there are no manufacturing errors and the vehicle is fit for ownership and use. Everyone who buys a new car, truck, motorcycle, snowmobile, waverunner, etc. pays the fees for this PDI. Also any accessory must be checked and installed correctly, and a PWC trailer is one of those accessories. What I think ChargedTaco is getting at is you should have realized it was making noise or bumping really hard and solid when loading the ski after use...and he is correct, an experienced skier would have noticed something wrong. I believe from this thread, your join date, and your post count that you are new to this sport and therefore have no previous experience to rely on. This is not a bad thing, but when you have an incompetent dealership mechanic setting up your trailer, and someone new to the whole PWC thing, something is bound to happen and unfortunately it did. I would just explain that being new to the sport, you trusted them to set it up correctly and that you paid Pre delivery fees to make sure things were right. As long as they're not scum bags and it doesn't look like you moved the bunks you should have no problem with them making it right. Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Prism

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I feel for you man. The asshat that did the PDI on my trailer should be killed. The bunks were crooked, it had 2 different sized tires and the trailer looked like it had been drug upside down through the parking lot.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I feel for you man. The asshat that did the PDI on my trailer should be killed. The bunks were crooked, it had 2 different sized tires and the trailer looked like it had been drug upside down through the parking lot.

I bought a triton trailer on my way down to S.C. to get the FZR.... I set it up myself and I can tell you the keel is really close on mine....had o move the wench up quite abit as well

That absolutely F N Sucks man. Take it back and DEMAND they fix that hull . When I got my VXR the bunks were sitting weird , we went down to the lake with my friends VXR and got exact measurements off his Krapavan double trailer.
    PS ... Always do a PRE RIDE inspection on your GEAR!
    Oil , Fuel, Flush cap installed, Hose Clamps, Drain Pugs, ect .....

+1
    Acadamy sells a rear self centering keel roller that works great!

I appreciate the feedback. I am new to the sport and was assuming that the marriage between the trailer and ski was made to fit perfectly by my dealer. This was a big lesson learned for me, and it taught me to inspect the underneath of the ski myself before driving off a dealer.

We still had a couple of warm weeks here in New York, but I'm pretty sure I will miss them until this issue is corrected.

Regards to all and thanks for sharing your knowledge,

- Daniel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information