1200 65U motor going into a SPX With tripple pipes,

hi Guys

i have been looking this site over the last 4 years or so and have built a few skis, ( just rebuilds and a few bolt on parts nothing to big

i have started a few years ago a build that consits of a $100 seadoo 1999 spx hull(the only hull i could find at the time) it needed alot of work, so i have now gelcoated the hull top and bottom and im almost about to finish the new motor mounts and paint the inside of the hull, i have the motor rebuilt with a brand new hot rods crank and a new set 3x prox pistons, and have a new drive shaft coupling to take the seadoo drive shatf(i will have to cut the drive shaft to the right length) and had my carbs rebuilt, i have jut purchased a set of tripple pipes from oside bill Thanks heaps Bill he has to ship them to the otherside I live in (new zealand) i have also modded a 1200r water box to fitt inside the boat, i have started to polish up a few things, now i would like some advice from you guys on anything about the build i need to know about the seadoo spx pumps what pump should i buy or i use
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	249504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0316.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	249503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0106.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	249502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0107.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	249505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0320.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	249506  

looks like you work in a fab shop of some kind or verry handy with fiberglass work. the stock seadoo pump is 144mm for that ski. you can run the big hub rfi pump and get a little more performance. "poor mans scat pump" or if feeling froggy switch out to the 155mm pump found on almost every 951 ski. or could even run an all aluminum 10 vein pump from a 4 stroke. but would have to change driveshaft for a 4 stroke pump. should be interesting when finished. very light hull with a big motor.

Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    looks like you work in a fab shop of some kind or verry handy with fiberglass work. the stock seadoo pump is 144mm for that ski. you can run the big hub rfi pump and get a little more performance. "poor mans scat pump" or if feeling froggy switch out to the 155mm pump found on almost every 951 ski. or could even run an all aluminum 10 vein pump from a 4 stroke. but would have to change driveshaft for a 4 stroke pump. should be interesting when finished. very light hull with a big motor.

thanks for the advice i wouldent mind replacing the pump i mean it cant be that hard lots of fiberglass work but if its making a hudge differance, in speed i will change it, i want this boat to go as fast as it can im looking for a very fast older 2stroke drag boat. will this motor turn the pump, thanks

yes. most 1200cc yamaha's have 155mm pumps and the seadoo 951 and 4-tec pumps are 155mm also. look on here at other members doing 951 swaps in these hulls and most are putting in the larger 155mm pump in favor of the 144mm pump that comes standard in the 720cc and 787cc versions of this hull.

Thread Information