Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Well geez now what.

I took my ultra for an 94 mile round trip Thursday (at LOTO from MM 74 to MM 27). The first 47 miles was at a leisurely 32mph. I did the first 30 mile return leg at 56mph no issues. The last 17miles I went up to 60-65 and after a few miles it went into F1 limp mode. As long as I kept it below 60 I was fine. The next day after I drained 4oz of gas from my catchment can. I went out to try to duplicate the F1 error. I ran it 5 miles WOT, no problem. On the second 5 miles it went into limp mode. This time I check the code and it was CHar. Looking at the manual it says it is overcharging. SO what is this issue? Also drained another 8oz of gas after that trip. So much for the 09 conversion stopping GIO. This is my last year of warranty. Any suggestions on the CHar issue.

sounds like you fouled the plugs to me. change the plugs and let us know. sounds like you have a 2009 260x. On my 09 260x I change the oil every 10 hours (sometimes 5 hours) and run the oil on the "low" side of the dipstick. You can't let the GIO go unchecked and let the oil levels rise in this boat. Some of our friends from "down under" have come up w/ some creative ways to stop the GIO issues. But if you are running a stock boat, changing the oil ALOT is the only sure bet.

Not so sure about what the 300's are doing in this regard, but I have heard you can go longer between oil changes than what I am doing. If this is your last year of Warranty, I would upgrade to the 300 if I were you. JB

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooah_Killer View Post
    I took my ultra for an 94 mile round trip Thursday (at LOTO from MM 74 to MM 27). The first 47 miles was at a leisurely 32mph. I did the first 30 mile return leg at 56mph no issues. The last 17miles I went up to 60-65 and after a few miles it went into F1 limp mode. As long as I kept it below 60 I was fine. The next day after I drained 4oz of gas from my catchment can. I went out to try to duplicate the F1 error. I ran it 5 miles WOT, no problem. On the second 5 miles it went into limp mode. This time I check the code and it was CHar. Looking at the manual it says it is overcharging. SO what is this issue? Also drained another 8oz of gas after that trip. So much for the 09 conversion stopping GIO. This is my last year of warranty. Any suggestions on the CHar issue.
    A 09 piston upgrade WAS NEVER going to stop GIO, Why you ask , its the richness off the mapping in the 07 ECU
    the rings were never the cause , that was just some of the crap pot ideas people tried to blame if you ask me,
    If i understand your config now you can always expect to catch it in the can !, the harder you ride and different whether you ride in seems to alter the amount you collect, I have come to live with the fact that I catch and drain it in the can.....that way you DONT EVER GET GIO ( its actually Gas In Can )

are you sure it wasnt a intercooler over temp code ?

Do you have the intercooler interface module ( a pulley boat in hot conditions at long WOT Needs 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charging (Intake) Temperature Overheating (Service Code/Character-78/CHAr)

•If the service code is displayed, check the doubtful parts referring to the following table.
    Possible Causes Action (Chapter)
    Water passage clogged, loosened or damaged Inspect (see 9 chapter)
    Charging temperature sensor broken Inspect (see 3 and 14 chapters)
    Jet pump or impeller damaged Inspect (see 11 chapter)
    Intercooler clogged Clean (see 9 chapter)
    Air bypass valves broken Inspect (see 3 chapter)

its not over charging it a TEMP related code

section 3-58 of manual

Waz

+1
    What can did you drain? I have a 250x and need all the info I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezl_Dr View Post
    What can did you drain? I have a 250x and need all the info I can get.
    Search "gio" "r&d catch can" "ocms" and read read read.

+1
    its a pulley boat correct? sounds like you need the i/c interfacer, as far as the gio just something you need to live with, water conditions and engine temps play a huge part. at least you are draining it so its no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooah_Killer View Post

I was just making a comment on the gas blowby. I have ocms and just drain it. The Char is pissing me off. I do have the i/c interface. I have done wot rides since June and no issues. Now after 5 min any 60mph+ rides or any wot, bam shut down.

+1
    mmm wonder if the i/c is blocked from looosing the s/c rotor coatings?

I can run all day at any speed below 60 once it hits the 60 and above after 5 min or so, limp mode, reset, go, repeat. Ill flush the i/c tommorrow after that i dunno

Any luck figuring this out?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information