Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AWA MEMBER
    +1

Wondering if someone close to me would "rent" borrow a Aux tank to me

120 mile endurance race from Hampton Va to Coinjock N.C, no one gets left behind! I dont think I will make it 120 miles on 18gal of fuel without stopping unless I run wide open and beat everyone to a gas stop get gas and roll again....does anyone know the addl range of the 6gal tank.

I planned on running 5500 45mph GPS the whole way without stopping, maybe a few short burst of wide open....maybe to get me in front. everyone will probably stop but thats the stragity to win, theres a few stops only....maybe my wife can have 5gal of gas on someones pier/dock, property if I call her...LOL

I know its asking alot due to SOME of the NON trustworthy people floating around here

+1
    I know it doesn't help you.... but I would if you were on the West coast. That's a long way to come hunt you down if you didn't return it....

I've never estimated how many miles I get with the TBM tank but I can tell you it seems like I rarely have to fill her up.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Yea I heard that.......I was going to buy one but I dont think the orders came in for them to make them......I was holding out till the END

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    What does everyone consider crusin speed on the SHO....my ski likes 5500 and thats 45mph......not even in boost

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I'll let yall know how it goes....I think I have a plan...... I'm going to put this Yamaha up to a challenge this motor and supercharger is going to get a workout.......

Good Luck with the run i am sure you will do well..

+1
    The best fuel mileage you can get is about 5.5 mpg but 5.3 mpg seems to be more likely at 5000-5500 rpms. Tip for you if you remove the fuel tank vent hose while filling your ski this will allow you to get .7 -.9 more gas in your tank due to a air lock when filling it up be sure to re attach the vent hose when you are through filling up. Best I have seen is 90-93 miles on a tank and this was easy on the throttle every where, even on take off. 120 Mile run you better have some extra fuel. I have strapped a extra 6 gal can on the back when I go up long rivers and 110-120 is the best I can do ridding easy with the 6 gal. can . you will need at least one fuel stop on the run. If you go hard 75% throttle (6700-7000 rpms) your mpg can easly dip in to the 4.5 mpg range. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    The best fuel mileage you can get is about 5.5 mpg but 5.3 mpg seems to be more likely at 5000-5500 rpms. Tip for you if you remove the fuel tank vent hose while filling your ski this will allow you to get .7 -.9 more gas in your tank due to a air lock when filling it up be sure to re attach the vent hose when you are through filling up. Best I have seen is 90-93 miles on a tank and this was easy on the throttle every where, even on take off. 120 Mile run you better have some extra fuel. I have strapped a extra 6 gal can on the back when I go up long rivers and 110-120 is the best I can do ridding easy with the 6 gal. can . you will need at least one fuel stop on the run. If you go hard 75% throttle (6700-7000 rpms) your mpg can easly dip in to the 4.5 mpg range. Tommy Jordan
    This is with a reflash ECU? I've noticed the mileage at cruising speeds with a reflash is 15-20% better compared to the stock tune. Not sure what Rick is using, but 120 miles might be a stretch with a stock ECU, even with an extra tank.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post

Thankyou Tommy Jordan for the Info......... I gonna take a run at it.....Try to squeeze all the fuel I can in it, and my wife is going to meet me in Chesapeake Va and give me fuel.....gotta get a game plan and a meet spot

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    This is with a reflash ECU? I've noticed the mileage at cruising speeds with a reflash is 15-20% better compared to the stock tune. Not sure what Rick is using, but 120 miles might be a stretch with a stock ECU, even with an extra tank.
    My data is based on a reflash ecu as you mentioned. How ever the milage between a re flash and a oem is pretty close if the oem ecu has the supporting mods (air filter, exhaust ect) these mods help the oem ecu fuel MPg a little. How ever 120 miles with a extra 6 gal. is pushing it for sure. By the way I keep a paddle and a extra 2 gal. gas can and a cell phone in front just incase in my ski too! Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information