+1

Want to go faster but still sound stock - 06 RXP

I just purchased a 2006 RXP and love the performance, but stock is never fast enough for me. Since buying it last month I have done the trigger throttle conversion and bar extensions, had Jerry rebuild the stock supercharger with the rebuild kit, filled the rideplate holes, and have put on the Riva grate with a modified R&D grate girdle. It GPS'd at 68.7 mph with 3/4 tank of fuel at 8200 rpm's.

Being that I just bought it and spent a good chunk of change getting it set up how I like it I won't be able to spend much on it for a while so I'm doing some planning now. The one restriction that I have (from the wife) is that she doesn't want it loud like my old XP. I'm not planning on building an 80+ mph RXP, I just want something that will accelerate like an RXP-X (or faster) and hit the low to mid 70's. I was searching the forum and I read that you can run the C3 Monster Charger Wheel without the 42# injectors as long as you have the stock airbox. Would this be a good route to go to get where I want? I know I would get more performance if I added the 4" Fizzle air intake kit and added the 42# injectors but I don't know if it would make it too loud. I have also thought about finding a used X-Charger and 42# injectors, but I just rebuilt my stock supercharger and figured it would be better to just get the C3 Monster Charger Wheel being that everything else on the supercharger is new and I would probably have to do a rebuild on any used X-Charger that I would find. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks! I just have to keep it quiet enough to keep the wife happy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan View Post
    I just purchased a 2006 RXP and love the performance, but stock is never fast enough for me. Since buying it last month I have done the trigger throttle conversion and bar extensions, had Jerry rebuild the stock supercharger with the rebuild kit, filled the rideplate holes, and have put on the Riva grate with a modified R&D grate girdle. It GPS'd at 68.7 mph with 3/4 tank of fuel at 8200 rpm's.

Being that I just bought it and spent a good chunk of change getting it set up how I like it I won't be able to spend much on it for a while so I'm doing some planning now. The one restriction that I have (from the wife) is that she doesn't want it loud like my old XP. I'm not planning on building an 80+ mph RXP, I just want something that will accelerate like an RXP-X (or faster) and hit the low to mid 70's. I was searching the forum and I read that you can run the C3 Monster Charger Wheel without the 42# injectors as long as you have the stock airbox. Would this be a good route to go to get where I want? I know I would get more performance if I added the 4" Fizzle air intake kit and added the 42# injectors but I don't know if it would make it too loud. I have also thought about finding a used X-Charger and 42# injectors, but I just rebuilt my stock supercharger and figured it would be better to just get the C3 Monster Charger Wheel being that everything else on the supercharger is new and I would probably have to do a rebuild on any used X-Charger that I would find. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks! I just have to keep it quiet enough to keep the wife happy!
    I would do the 4" air however do not put 42's in there with stock charger you will be rich. As far as the 4" air being loud it really isn't kinda gives a sweet high pitch whine but not enough to annoy you.

I thought mine would be too loud as well with the resonator delete, but really it's the nice kind of rumble, NOT annoying 2 stroke loud a really deep and soothing kind of loud. If you ask me the the RXP sounds a LOT better with the oem resonator gone and replaced with a straight pipe.. which is what you will have to do to add an external intercooler which will gain you a substantial amount of rpms and overall efficiency upwards of 10% more efficient add to the fact that the OEM intercooler is very restrictive, so getting rid of that is a plus as well and some note as much as 1 psi more boost with it gone.

Here is what you can do to keep things simple, keep your eye out for a riva S3 (stage 3) supercharger. It will make almost if not just as much power with less volume then the x charger you hear so much about, but you will not need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or anything else other then a set of 42# injectors to run it safely and not have to worry about it at all and it completly livens up the ski you will be into the 70's with this setup and the acceleration is terrific, you will be amazed at how much this will liven up the RXP.

You can sell a freshly built supercharger for about as much as it will cost you for a used S3 charger... you can find them with low hours as well and most all with have the washers upgraded and all of that already.

Just suggestions, definitly not run the 42's without an upgrade supercharger requiring them!

+1
    What ever you do, don't mod the waterbox if you want it quiet while cruising around, lol.

+1
    +1 Stay with the OEM waterbox and you should be good. I would go with the x charger and 42's with NO intercooler. It will give you what you are looking for as far as pull and such....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan View Post
    Stop everything and pitch that prop or replace it, 14/19 or better if u gonna do a s/cer and intercooler. U are on the LIMITER right now and are likely melting the bell on the exh. manifold. Take care of the pitch and u could be 70+ right now.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 9secZO6 View Post
    Stop everything and pitch that prop or replace it, 14/19 or better if u gonna do a s/cer and intercooler. U are on the LIMITER right now and are likely melting the bell on the exh. manifold. Take care of the pitch and u could be 70+ right now.....
    Well said J-Money! I hear tomorrow is going to bring cool air to your neck of the woods for Monday. We had weather come through this afternoon and the temp dropped to 87 and it was great!

+1
    One word there's never enough speed its called addiction ask me how I know

+1
    I agree, never too much speed! I just need to do it in a way that is not obvious to the wife! I think that I will be keeping the stock intercooler and looking for either an S3 supercharger or X-charger and add the 42# injectors and get a 14/19 prop. It will take me some time to save up for all of that so would it be best to save up for all of it at once and add it all at one time or is this something that would work piece by piece? If I could do it piece by piece, what order should I do it in? My goal is to have a ski that looks and sounds stock but is faster than any stock ski...maybe even the 300X! Thanks for the responses!

+1
    As stated earlier start with prop

Thread Information