2006 RXP Depth gauge

I would like to install a depth gauge on my 2006 RXP. I have been told that you can not install a "sea-Doo" depth finder because of the hull shape and lack of room for the unit. Is this true? If so, What is my best bet for an aftermarket depth finder? Make? Model? Where did you mount the didplay? Any pics?
    I did do some searching on this site but did not find what I needed. Thanks for your help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by murf'n'surf View Post
    I would like to install a depth gauge on my 2006 RXP. I have been told that you can not install a "sea-Doo" depth finder
    Here's what I did. Works great. Good support from Norcross company in Orlando.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=hawkeye

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    you can install one, problem is you need a spot where thye hull is not hollow in between. (your RXP in double decked) the rxt has a area that is solid in the back near the waterbox for this reason.

basicly you would need to cut a 6" bored threw the first layer and glue the transducer to the lower hull.

So, I should NOT try to install the Hawkeye for thruhull soundings? Has anyone found a for sure spot for thruhull soundings or should I mount it on the transome like lafjax?

Quote Originally Posted by murf'n'surf View Post
    So, I should NOT try to install the Hawkeye for thruhull soundings? Has anyone found a for sure spot for thruhull soundings or should I mount it on the transome like lafjax?
    I tried to mount the hawkeye in the hull but I could not find a place that would give reliable readings so I mounted outside the hull on an aluminum plate which makes it adjustable until you find the sweet spot. I've had no problems with it mounted there. It mounts on a kick up bracket in case you beach the ski so it doesn't hurt the mounting.

Thread Information