Thread: Hello All!

+1

Hello All!

I'm new to the forums and have a couple Polaris skis. I picked up an 00 SLH about a year ago and that's when I originally found this site but never joined. Definitely a wealth of information and knowledge here.

Since I bought the SLH i've gone through the entire fuel system and replaced the gray Tempo lines that were just starting to turn green. Shortly after that I ended up getting a tank of bad gas and had to again rebuild the fuel system and rebuild the carbs. For this one I bought SBT carb rebuild kits and went through the system. What I did not realize until I did some searching is that the SBT kits are not genuine Keihin so I'm not sure what differences are there but I strongly recommend buying the genuine kits instead of the SBT kits for these. Had a realized they were not genuine I would not have bought them but I have them now and its running pretty good now.

The other ski I have is a 94 SLT750. I picked it up on a nice double trailer in non-running condition but with good compression. After going through the carbs and installing a triple-output pump the ski runs great. The only issue I have with this ski is needing a new throttle lever as my brother broke it last weekend. I'm surprised at how hard they are to find but I guess that's just the nature of buying a ski that's no longer supported by Polaris...

+1
    Welcome to the hulk.. any finger throttle will do I used one off my sons razor scooter.. LOL dont tell him. If you want OEM I have a few I can send you one..

Banned User
    +1
    I think the levers on the early Polaris skis are common with some snowmobiles. I bought one new from my local dealer last summer and he had it in stock.

+1
    Yea I was looking around and I've seen that a lot of people use and like the finger throttle. I really don't have any problem with the OEM style though so that's what I was looking for.

beerdart, I'll shoot you a PM...

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Thread Information