Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    CJ River Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    546
    +1
    60

    Is the Barnegat always this rough?

    Anyone out on the northern portion yesterday (Saturday 8/13)? I've never been in Barnegat Bay before and wondering if the chop was worse than normal or always like this. Being used to the Navesink, Shrewsbury, Raritan, and Delaware, I got bounced around more than I expected and didn't go half as far as I wanted.

    Is it calmer further south? I still want to check out Tices Shoal. I've been in Great Bay a couple of times launching from the Mullica and it was not like yesterday.

    I did check out F-Cove just to take a break from the chop and am going to keep my comments to myself!

    Below was my ride plan and what I actually did.

    Brick to Winward to Kettle Creek to Bayville.pdf8_13_2011_BarnegatRide.pdf


  2. #2
    NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    858
    +1
    33
    IMO The choppiest part of the bay is from Bayville to Brick. Tices is always flat, and down near LBI is always nice. I wasn't down this weekend for comparison though. If you hug the Seaside side of the bay kind of it's shallower/calmer, just watch your depth. Shoot me a PM with your number and I can give you a tour and help you out.

  3. #3
    SurfRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    735
    +1
    13
    I'm wondering if this weekend was much worse than others. I was riding with the Jetty Jumpers on the Hudson then down the East River on Saturday. When I was out with some of the CT crew in May, the East River was flat and we did some great, fast runs. This weekend there were 6 foot rollers on it. Got in some incredible jumping, but the ER was choppy for about 2/3rds of it. The JJ regulars said that they have never seen the ER this choppy. Ever! So who knows. May have just been some weird weather this weekend.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    I'm wondering if this weekend was much worse than others. I was riding with the Jetty Jumpers on the Hudson then down the East River on Saturday. When I was out with some of the CT crew in May, the East River was flat and we did some great, fast runs. This weekend there were 6 foot rollers on it. Got in some incredible jumping, but the ER was choppy for about 2/3rds of it. The JJ regulars said that they have never seen the ER this choppy. Ever! So who knows. May have just been some weird weather this weekend.


    I talked to JetDave56 and he said that he had just plowed right into that chop with his 300X....

  5. #5
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I talked to JetDave56 and he said that he had just plowed right into that chop with his 300X....
    When did he get a 300x?

  6. #6
    SurfRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    735
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    When did he get a 300x?
    See this thread and you'll get the reference. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...e-is-jetdave56

  7. #7
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,363
    +1
    339
    The days that Barnegat / Manahawkin bays are flat are few and far between. All my neighbors would try to get out on the bay at dawn or dusk to take advantage of the dying winds!

  8. #8
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    See this thread and you'll get the reference. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...e-is-jetdave56
    wow haha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. how important is the seal on this check valve on the siphon bilge pump
    By macGruber in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 04:12 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 09:47 PM
  3. What is the reason for this bolt?
    By 97GPSLEEPER in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
  4. So THIS is the new place?
    By SantaCruz163 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 09:50 PM
  5. So what is the deal with this HOSS guy???
    By two2curupt in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •