Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

300x bow hunt and handling

So for those of you that have put any significant amount of hours On a 250or 260 and have gone to a 300 I'm sure have noticed the weird characteristics of the 300 like the bow hunt and ass end steering affect as well as some weirdness in cross chop situations. That the 250-260 did not posses. I'm wondering If anyone has any theories of why it does this or has any fixes or solutions thoughts or opinions on the matter. The best handling improvement and only one that hAs helped for me is the RD intake grate. Any other ideas out there or is everyone happy with how the ski rides.?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    So for those of you that have put any significant amount of hours On a 250or 260 and have gone to a 300 I'm sure have noticed the weird characteristics of the 300 like the bow hunt and ass end steering affect as well as some weirdness in cross chop situations. That the 250-260 did not posses. I'm wondering If anyone has any theories of why it does this or has any fixes or solutions thoughts or opinions on the matter. The best handling improvement and only one that hAs helped for me is the RD intake grate. Any other ideas out there or is everyone happy with how the ski rides.?
    I agree 100% with the symptoms you describe.!!!!!!!!!!

Are they a problem to me ............Well lets just say me like you have spent MANY hrs of Aggressive ocean riding on 250 and now 300 and I can i FEEL the differences and are having a weird time committing myself to the same water condition !

can i still ride it fast YES.......
    do I enjoy it ..........Mmmmmmmmmm YES
    would I like the 250/60 feel back .......YES

would I sell my 300 NO

The R&D grate did fix some of my issues that you only feel at high speed aggressive riding

did it reduce ROUGH WATER hook up ........... YES

I am working on a grate mod now that I hope brings me back into the middle of the offering between OEM -Aftermarket

And I am hoping that it has other positive affect .!

As from all sources the300x changes made else were are not causing what We are feeling in the real world.

Time will tell .

Waz

I Said the same thing and got bashed for it. 250 plowed through anything, could have duct taped the throttle wide open and not had a care in the world, 300 is great, but not as good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I Said the same thing and got bashed for it. 250 plowed through anything, could have duct taped the throttle wide open and not had a care in the world, 300 is great, but not as good.
    I think to say not as good is a little harsh
    the 300 still ploughs threw anything ..Just cant smoke a joint before my rides anymore.........need to be focused better
    To say it feels different to a 250 but the 300x still out performs is more accurate and race results backed up.

Waz

+1
    I think the r&d grate is good, yet to ride a 300 on a stock grate (hint hint waz .) Takes a little getting used to but I can ride it fast in the ocean......no problem, but it does keep you on your toes not as easy a ride as the 250.

Could it be the pump nozzle angle is now very different, with trim all the way down it feels a lot like a 250.

+1
    im guessing the nozzle length has alot to do with it as we know the ski now turns 90% easier.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    im guessing the nozzle length has alot to do with it as we know the ski now turns 90% easier.
    correct its not the size , but the length that helps steering , but its more than that on the other points Corey

because 250 steering nozzle ID = 91mm
    300 steering noozle ID =88mm

my wife always told me its the length girls want.....

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    correct its not the size , but the length that helps steering , but its more than that on the other points Corey

because 250 steering nozzle ID = 91mm
    300 steering noozle ID =88mm

my wife always told me its the length girls want.....
    She lied lol

Yea the ski is still faster in every way then the 50-60 just lacks that confident feeling. I hope to find a solution it could be something simple it could not be only time and test will tell. I 90% love my 300 now for that extra 10% I don't think the steering nozel alone is the cause as you can rock the 300 rail to rail in the water standing still or at idle unlike the 50-60 so there's something different somewhere just have to find it

I think it could very well be that the extra HP has just brought an overall different feeling to the hull. If someone has the time, patience, and know how (yes I am referring to you Warren!) it would be interesting to drop the 300 engine into the 260 hull; that may give the answer right there. But it doesn't appear to have slowed the "cream of the crop" pwcoffshore riders on their 300's; they are zipping along pretty good (I think they are just ingnoring the bow hunt).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I think it could very well be that the extra HP has just brought an overall different feeling to the hull. If someone has the time, patience, and know how (yes I am referring to you Warren!) it would be interesting to drop the 300 engine into the 260 hull; that may give the answer right there. But it doesn't appear to have slowed the "cream of the crop" pwcoffshore riders on their 300's; they are zipping along pretty good (I think they are just ingnoring the bow hunt).
    working on this one john.....stay tuned.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information