Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Ski time ?

2nd Ski time ?

We just got our 1st a few weeks ago a 2009 FX HO been great

So the wife now tells me time for me to get one for myself (lol)

Just seen a maybe good deal on a Sea-doo RXT 260 2011 with 12 hrs (warranty till 4-2013)
    good ski? pro's ? cons to it?

Thanks for the help

Any one own a 2011 RXT? likes / dislikes

I have a 2011 RXT X 260, love it. I traded a 2010 RXT 215 last fall and ordered this one. I have around 30 hours on it now and have done a few mods to it. No complaints, just a little hard to keep the black clean looking! But all in all great machine, handles like its on rails and lots of pull out of the hole. Could have a little more storage but thats a personal thing. Best thing is to take one for a ride before you pull the trigger.! Cheers! (any questions..ask away)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Urwheelman View Post
    I have a 2011 RXT X 260, love it. I traded a 2010 RXT 215 last fall and ordered this one. I have around 30 hours on it now and have done a few mods to it. No complaints, just a little hard to keep the black clean looking!!)
    I know what you mean about keeping the Black clean. I started using Macquirers(sp) spray wax on mine and it helps tremendously with the salt water spots

+1
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax! Awesome stuff and you can use it on a wet surface, too!

You bet, I wash and wax every time I use it. No salt water up here, but I know the spots you are talking about!

So how is the RXT for service? more then then Yamaha? will be salt water running here, also how does it do in choppy water the bays and ICW sometimes get turned up and so does the gulf 1-2 footers I hope would be the worest I would been out in but 3-5 do happen just will not be out

I had the first service done at the 10hours and they did the oil change and told me they had to replace the plugs as they were fouled. Not sure why but I think it was a bit of a cash grab. I ordered some performance parts and took it back to the dealer to have them installed. They dinged me for a new wear ring (at 19 hours) as they thought it was slightly worn, plus the parts I put on made it easy for them to do it then. I use mine in the St. Lawrence, and some lakes . The channel has a quite a mixture of water conditions and I find it handles most of them pretty good. 1-2 footers you will be able to hit them no problem, the 3-5 will send you up in the air a bit. I have come back home in some terrible conditions and I would only warn about getting in the waves sideways, not sure if it is hard on the boat but the sound against the hull is a bit unsettling. Like you said of the conditions are too bad, you probably won't go out. Great machine, go get one!

Cheers!

+1
    I rode a 2010 RXT-X this past weekend. Guy just bought it Friday and I went with him and gave my opinions of several skis. He was looking at an RXP-X which they wanted 10,800 OTD(Still Crated) and 9600 OTD for the RXT-X and got it for a steal. Paid 9600 out the door with trailer and 4 year extended warranty with 3 jackets. It is a bad ass ski. My issue is that it is huge. But I am an RXP guy not a T. The iBr is a neat feature but does take some time to get used to. Overall the 30 minutes I put it through its paces, it performed very well and the throttle response for such a big craft is amazing and it handles like a cadillac. The storage is the best part. The guy has never owned a jetski before as this is his first one and first SeaDoo to ride. He couldn't pass up the deal. He wanted a GTI but what he got for the same price is a way better deal. I say go for it.

I pulled the trgger last night and got the 2011 RXT 260

thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information