Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ready for internals--any thoughts on best set up?

Alright, as everyone made very clear to me, to run more boost with an H1 wheel--maybe turbo, I need to upgrade my internals. I know riva sells a kit, but just wondering if there is better value or quality out there before I order up.

+1
    Regardless of if you choose Riva or R&D for your upgrade parts be sure to get them from Jerry (Greenhulk Performance Parts Store) support the people who support the sport we all love. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Regardless of if you choose Riva or R&D for your upgrade parts be sure to get them from Jerry (Greenhulk Performance Parts Store) support the people who support the sport we all love. Tommy Jordan
    Thank you Tommy!

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    +1

+1
    +1.

jerry's store is my first stop for parts, he usually has what i am looking for.

the hard decision was choosing between RIVA or R&D.

+1
    What EMS do you plan on running? Motec? Vipec? Reflash? Reason I ask is because that will determine how crazy you can get with the setup. The R&D 1.9 liter kit has an awesome price at only 1500 bucks but adding rods is optional. Riva builds a nice motor too, little more pricy though. Who is assembling the motor? You or a shop?

Thanks--I have the local dealer do the installations for me. Thus far Full Riva Stage 3 with 3Bar Map sensor, 1000cc injectors. Just waiting for the internals for my rotax racing clutch with H1 wheel/housing. I'm running the Vipec computer and I am waiting to see if Riva has any plans for a turbo kit this fall/winter.

I'm also considering H20 Extreme's kit vs. Rius racing for Turbo if Riva doesn't come up with anything.

I have eyeballed the 1.9 L kit, but I'm not sure that my shop is up to the machining and I'm also not sure how compatible that is with the higher boost apps and turbo.

Any thoughts?

+1
    If you run higher compression you don't need to run gobs of boost to make power. More boost equals more clutch problems, unless you go turbo. And going turbo is not as easy as some may make it sound. You have to tune for it, and so far the turbo setups I know of aren't going much faster than you can go with a supercharged setup. Higher compression and 16-18 pounds of boost is good for 90+. But you have to tune for that too. Either way, if you're shooting for 20 pounds of boost, kiss your reliability good bye and say hello to constantly jacking around with the ski. Just sayin.

Also, you can send R&D your block to be sleeved, machined, and decked (necessary after sleeving) and I think the labor is right at 600 bucks.

Turbo not much faster...huh.. I'm not the kind to go flying around 80 and I'm much less interested in top speed than I am about acceleration. Even with totally revamped internals you think the H1 wheel is going to wreck the motor? Also, just how exactly do you get more compression v. boost?

Thanks for the input--keep it coming.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    What EMS do you plan on running? Motec? Vipec? Reflash? Reason I ask is because that will determine how crazy you can get with the setup. The R&D 1.9 liter kit has an awesome price at only 1500 bucks but adding rods is optional. Riva builds a nice motor too, little more pricy though. Who is assembling the motor? You or a shop?
    i was in this situation back in june.
    i was highly considering the 1.9 kit but, i also wanted to stay with oem compression, which was one of the big reasons i went with the riva upgrades instead of R&D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information