Thread: LC1 calibration

+1

LC1 calibration

What should the guage read after free air calibration? 20.9? I am getting 21.7 after calibration.

I was having a problem with the o2 sensor getting too hot because a I used innovates 12mm to 18mm adaptor. I used the adaptor because I have an 05 manifold and I thought it would be better to use the adaptor to drill a smaller hole and avoid the water jacket.

I removed the adaptor and drilled the manifold to mount the o2 sensor directly in the manifold and no more blinking guage. I am glad that fixed the problem. Don't use the adaptor or you will be sorry!

Is ther a way to correct the reading to 20.9 or do I have to purchase a new o2 sensor.

I am a long time SCUBA diver and I dive nitrox and I have to test breathing gas for o2 content. The meter I use has to be free air calibrated to 20.9% and it is adjustable.

+1
    Is that with the ski running or off with the sensor on? If it is with the engine running, check the RRFPR and adjust accordingly. Hook the LC-1 up to the computer software and verify that it is selected for gasoline and not any of the other 6 options...

+1
    I think I found my answer on innovates website. The 21.7-21.9 is measuring AFR and not % of o2 like I was thinking. Air is 20.9% o2.
    21.7-21.9 is not running.

The reason I was questioning my guage is I am running 45psi at idle or 50psi with key in not running and my afr's are 12.9 idle 14.1 mid and 11.1 WOT making just under 10psi boost. I am affraid to go much lower on pressure and lean out too much in the midrange. Anybody running fuel pressure this low?

The lower pressure I run the leaner I get in the mid range. As hot and humid as it is right now I am thinking about putting the 38's back in and increasing base pressure back up to 58psi or so. Am I going in the right direction with this?

+1
    You need to lean it out a little .... 11.9 is where you need to be.

+1
    I started at 54psi at idle to 45psi at idle to get to 11.1.
    I wasn't sure how much lower to go on fuel pressure before going to smaller injectors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    I started at 54psi at idle to 45psi at idle to get to 11.1.
    I wasn't sure how much lower to go on fuel pressure before going to smaller injectors.
    Decrease the pressure until you get to your desired afr.... I have seen people go down as low as 38-40 psi...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    I think I found my answer on innovates website. The 21.7-21.9 is measuring AFR and not % of o2 like I was thinking. Air is 20.9% o2.
    21.7-21.9 is not running.

I do a lot of atmospheric testing at my job, and our (and industry standards) are 19.5-22%.

The reason I was questioning my guage is I am running 45psi at idle or 50psi with key in not running and my afr's are 12.9 idle 14.1 mid and 11.1 WOT making just under 10psi boost. I am affraid to go much lower on pressure and lean out too much in the midrange. Anybody running fuel pressure this low?

Honestly, I don't trust the gauges. Like MSRXP said, tune to the AFR.

The lower pressure I run the leaner I get in the mid range. As hot and humid as it is right now I am thinking about putting the 38's back in and increasing base pressure back up to 58psi or so. Am I going in the right direction with this?

You can go a little lean in the mid range. If it's bothering you that much, you need to invest in a RUDE fuel controller.
    Hope this helps,
    Pauly C.

Thread Information