Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pensacola Beach Area

Any one here from the Pensacola Beach area

+1
    I am a few hours away but I do a good bit of travelling to ride. I would be willing to make the drive if a decent ride comes together. Also this is a weekend you may consider taking a drive this way. We have quite a few bone stock Natural ski come ride.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...72#post1774672

Last weekend we had a great time did about 40 miles , and it the super boats where out in doing a poker run from destin to pensacola, cool to see a 50 foot boat doing 100+ , and a jet turbine boat

+1
    That does sound like a good time. I have not ridden there. I am usually heading a little farther east but that would be a good little overnight trip for me.

I ride around destin usually but I do head from navarre to pensacola beach area, although I am not familiar with pcolas riding areas outside of the sound

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by drlib View Post
    Any one here from the Pensacola Beach area
    I live over just off of Mobile Bay. I have ridden from Dauphin Island to P-cola a couple of times by boat and on my ski. LA sportman and 83gator are friends of mine that I ride with over by their house. We have talked several times about making the Orange Beach to P-cola run on the skiis, which I thnk would be a blast. Probably round up several people to make that run. The "when" is the hard part for me, since I work out of state . I was hoping to make a date for Labor Day, but work has changed my plan once again. So, best I can say is stay in touch, and maybe one weekend we can gather up the guys and make a run down the ICW.
    Chuck

+1
    blah, blah, blah... Chuck. We'll just have to keep throwing those darts at the calendar - something is bound to get stuck sooner or later, lol.

About a month ago I did Destin Sound to just west of Mary Esther. BEAUTIFUL! Love those little chain of islands along the back bay/sound. Hung out at Crab Island and had lunch at Dewey Destin's. Only problem was that the day wasn't long enough. I want more!

I just need to get the month of August behind me and I'll be ready to ride. It'd be great if some more LA folks could go, and Chuck. (Chuck: get your ass home soon so we can make that ride!)

I'm traveling down to Pensacola this up coming weekend. Are there any boat ramps near the cut to get out to the ocean? Last time i was there I put in close to the bridge it was a long ride to the cut. I also want to do some exploring to the west of Pensacola, maybe in the intracoastal. Are there any restaurants on the water that we can stop for lunch?

Wanting to make a trip to Pensacola area. I know NOTHING about riding in the gulf or around there since we live inland in Texas.
    Wife and I ride together on a Honda F-12X. Can we ride in the gulf, or do we need to stay behind the islands? We love riding and just taking in the scenery. Went to Shell Island at Panama City on a pontoon back in July, great water, but didn't go into the gulf.
    Any feedback would be great guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greggtex View Post
    Wanting to make a trip to Pensacola area. I know NOTHING about riding in the gulf or around there since we live inland in Texas.
    Wife and I ride together on a Honda F-12X. Can we ride in the gulf, or do we need to stay behind the islands? We love riding and just taking in the scenery. Went to Shell Island at Panama City on a pontoon back in July, great water, but didn't go into the gulf.
    Any feedback would be great guys.
    That I know of, you can generally ride the GoM up and down the coast/pan handle. Although I've never done it (the few times I dragged the ski, I always stayed on the back side), I've seen many PWCs ride the outside. Beaching your craft, however, is different: Many of the resorts, even if you are a guest, will not allow private watercraft to land on their beaches. If you are staying along the beach, be sure to call in advance and get your resort's/hotel policy.

BTW, the ride from Destin Sound towards Pcola, on the back side, is beautiful. There are a number of small, uninhabited beaches in the Mary Ester area that make great R & R PWC stops. Bring a lunch and a few drinks. I went back there on a Thursday and had two boats pass by in one hour. I highly recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information